A Thief's Tale

This one-shot is a story — combined with another one-shot — also titled A Thief's Tale

warning(s): mentions of blood and injuries

Pronouns: They/Them

Sneaking into places had always been easy for me — stealing was second nature. The only foreign thing was getting caught — and that's exactly what happened during this attempt. The village had thrown me out when I was a kid — my parents had left me out in an alleyway and the villagers didn't want to take care of me.

So, I resorted to stealing to get by. At first, it was stealing food, but that quickly turned into valuables I could sell for money to actually buy food. But since the lycans started attacking, I was left to starve and hide from the creatures.

That's why I ran to the castle — why I snuck in. That's how I got caught and the reason I was currently being dragged through the halls by three very attractive women. Although two of them had stabbed sickles into my calves, I didn't seem to react too much.

Growing up on my own did that. Made me a lot tougher than most would think. That and the way the villagers would treat me, the sickles were nothing compared to that. We soon came to a stop and I didn't even bother to listen to anything being said. Once the sickles were ripped out of my legs, I finally let out a pained scream.

"Fuck you both," I muttered, glaring at the giggling women.

"Finally, they react! We were starting to wonder if you could even feel pain." The blonde giggled, licking my blood off of her sickle.

'Great, the rumors are true.'

"Of course, I can feel pain. My tolerance is just higher than average." I huffed, clicking my tongue once the other two stuck their sickles in my hands, hoisting me into the air shortly after.

That's when I finally noticed the other person in the room, my heart skipping a beat at the sight of her. Now that I was hoisted in the air, I was taller than her — noticing how much taller she was than the other three, I assumed her to be over 9 feet tall. Her lips curled into a smirk when my heart skipped, further confirming the rumors of the village.

'Maybe coming here WAS a bad idea...'

"And who might you be, little one?" The tall lady asked, her voice causing my brain to lag for a moment.

'How can someone so deadly be so alluring?'

"I— Uhm. I—." My ability to speak left me, making the other three in the room giggle and my face heat up.

With a quiet mutter of my name, I hung my head and became very interested in the designs of the floor. That moment didn't last long as a gloved finger moved under my chin, forcing me to look up and lock eyes with her. [E/C] staring into pools of gold.

"What was that, pet?"

'Pet!?! I can't take this! I need to get out of here. How do I get out of here?! ...Do I even want to get out of here?'

"[Y/N] [L/N] ..." I breathed out, trying to look anywhere but at her — resulting in her hand gripping my jaw and keeping me facing her.

"Well then, [Y/N],"   'Say my name again, PLEASE.'  "What were you doing breaking into my castle?"

I froze as her eyes narrowed at me, her voice sounding more threatening as if she was daring me to lie to her — which I was great at, but I knew they'd be able to tell if I was lying. It'd be useless to lie to vampires.

"I needed food," I stated calmly, finally staring her in the eyes confidently. "The village is overrun with lycans so I can't steal from them and I spent the last of my money last week buying food from the Duke."

The room was silent as I spoke, the tall lady having released my jaw from her grasp to let me speak freely. Although I maintained eye contact with her, I could feel the eyes of the other three burning into me.

"That damned maid stopped me and yelled for those three. So, if you planned on draining my blood, I suggest making sure I'm properly fed first, or else I'll taste stale."

After I finished talking, the woman turned to the other three, kneeling to their height and speaking quietly to them. Before I knew it, I was being lowered to the ground and the sickles were being removed from my hands.

"Very well, pet." The lady mused, staring down at me and making me feel infinitely smaller. "You're to work here, eating properly until we deem your blood good enough to drink, and then we'll see where things go. If you're good enough as a servant, perhaps we'll let you live."

I whispered a quiet thank you before getting to my feet, ignoring the burning pain in my legs as I did so. I bowed my head to her and could feel all of their eyes on me.

"I am lady Alcina Dimitrescu, you may only address me as lady Dimitrescu or mistress," She warned before pointing to each daughter as she said their names. "These are my daughters, Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela. You will address them as ladies Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela. If you fail to do so - or mess up any of your chores - you will be punished. Do you understand?"

"I do, lady Dimitrescu."

"Good, then my daughters will show you to your room and bandage your wounds. Girls; play nice."

"Yes, mother," The three beamed before grabbing my arms — surprisingly gentle this time.

'I guess they don't want to upset their mother,' I thought to myself as they pulled me away. 'What have I managed to get myself into this time?!' As they pulled me along, I managed to glance around the castle — attempting to commit some of it to memory. 'How does anyone get around this castle?! This is... My life now. At least my boss is hot. Maybe I could try befriending her daughters too, make my life a bit easier.'