Mutual Feelings pt. 1

Requested by: Gay_por_personagens

Pronouns: She/Her

part 2 will be posted on monday!! (it wasn't requested to be multiple parts but my phone was lagging so i figured i'd split it into 2 parts to make it easier on my phone ❤️)

"My lady," I called after knocking on her office door. "Your tea is ready — I made you a light lunch as well."

"Come in," Lady Beneviento called. "Where'd I put that arm..."

I smiled and rolled my eyes at how insane that would sound to someone that didn't know she made dolls. Once at her side, I poured her a cup of tea and handed it to her, setting the plate next to her.

"Do you see a right wooden arm? It's chestnut."

I immediately began looking around, moving to a different part of the room before returning with it. "Here it is."

"Thank you," She muttered before dismissing me. "You can do as you please until it's time to start dinner."

'I wish I could just watch you work... Or spend time with you,' I bowed to her before leaving, letting my head rest on the door after shutting it. 'Why do I find it so difficult to tell her?! Probably because she's shown no interest in me like that...'

My heart ached at the thought of a one-sided love situation. It wasn't the first time it's happened to me, but it would hurt more now. 'Not being able to leave and find someone new if Lady Beneviento didn't return my feelings? It'll be rough, but I guess I'll just have to get over these feelings.' Once I moved away from the door, I headed up to my room and flopped onto my bed, staring at the ceiling. 'What do I do?! This happens every day around this time, so why do I never have anything planned for this?!'

My door opening made me sit up, hope filling me for a brief moment before I noticed it was just Angie. 'I know they have a mental link... But it's definitely not the same — they're total opposites.' I watched as she made her way over and floated onto my bed, her hands resting on her hips. 'Mother Miranda must be impressed with her creations to some extent — I mean, just look at Angie.'

"Play with us! We're bored!"

"No going in the basement."

"...THAT'S PART OF THE FUN!"

"THAT THING ALMOST KILLED ME!"

"His name is Jimmy."

I blinked slowly before sighing. "You named that creature?"

"Donna did," Angie huffed. "Do you have a problem with that?!"

"...No," I muttered, trying to ignore the ache in my chest at the mention of her name. "What do you want to play?"

"Hide and Seek!"

"Then please, stay out of the basement. I'm human. That thing-,"

"Jimmy."

"...Jimmy can and will catch me."

"Fine!! You big baby!!"

She quickly left my room a moment later, leaving me to count silently in my room. After about a minute, I forced myself out of bed and began walking through the halls. 'Hopefully, this keeps my mind off of Donna.' By the time I reached the main floor, a sigh left me — now knowing that included all of Donna's dolls. 'This might take a while...'.

I let out a sigh as I found the second-to-last doll — Angie being the last — and set her in her proper spot. 'I've checked everywhere but the lady's room, her workspace, and...' My eyes drifted to the basement as I shuddered. 'Please don't be down there...' I took a deep breath and began making my way to the elevator, trying to ignore my pounding heart. A door opening made me jump and turn around, my eyes landing on Lady Beneviento holding Angie, allowing me to relax.

'She did keep her promise,' I sighed internally before sending the lady a weak smile. "Apologies, my lady, I should've told her that your workspace-."

"You were playing with them?"

"...I-I was."

"Hm..." She set Angie down before returning to her office.

'Right, she has to get back to work, and I should start on dinner now.' I moved to pick up Angie before carrying her to the kitchen. "Thank you."

"For what?!"

"For not going down there — for making sure no one does... I know you two are used to Jimmy but after last time..."

"...Don't mention it," Angie muttered. "Let's play again!"

"I have to start on dinner — how about tomorrow?"

"You better keep your promise! I kept mine!"

I laughed and set her on the counter. "I will. Now, do you want to help me?"

"...Sure..."

Six Months Later

'Officially one year working here,' I sighed as I finished watering the last indoor plant. 'And my feelings for the lady have only gotten stronger... But, she's a busy woman, so I shouldn't be shocked that I've rarely spent time with her.' As I left the kitchen and began heading outside, I noticed the lady leave her office, making me stop for a moment and bow my head.

"My lady, do you need something?"

"...Angie said you were going to the garden?"

"I am, my lady — unless you need me inside?"

Lady Beneviento fidgeted with her gloves before shaking her head. "Just... Take a weapon. Karl said one of his lycans stopped following orders so... It could be around and I don't want my only maid getting hurt or worse."

'Right... I'll always be just a maid,' I bowed again and forced a smile. "Of course, my lady. I kept a gun in a locked box in the old gardener's shed, I'll grab that before working."

"...Be safe."

POV: Donna

2 Hours Later

'She isn't back yet,' I began pacing my office as that thought sunk in. 'It would be hard to hear any commotion if she was in danger though — but she has a weapon. But, what if she didn't grab it before the lycan showed up?! What if-?!'

"OH, WILL YOU JUST GO CHECK ALREADY?!" I jumped at Angie's outburst. "IT'S OBVIOUS YOU LIKE HER!!"

"But-."

"You won't know unless you make a move! Standing in here worrying about her doesn't count!"

"Okay, okay!" I huffed and picked her up. "You're coming with me."

POV: First-Person

I aimed the barrel of the gun at the lycan — my hands trembling as it got closer. 'Just pull the damn trigger!' I yelled at myself as the lycan inched closer. '...But— NO. Don't let those thoughts back in,' I shook my head as tears filled my eyes, my body jumping as the loud bang from the pistol went off.

The lycan staggered back before growling at me, making me step back and take aim again. 'How fucking resilient are these things?! I shot you in the head!' I shot again when he tried to rush at me, adrenaline filling my veins as I tried to rush back, only to get tripped up by something coming out of the ground. 'This village is a fucking death trap! Why did I listen to Angie when she suggested I try to revive the garden?!'

"[Y/N]!"