The Mysterious Maiden

the reader uses she/they pronouns
there is a part 2. maybe i'll even write a part 3 (smut). HUGE MAYBE.
warning(s): blood, death
—————————

Being a maiden in castle Dimitrescu was hard. Being a maiden that flew under the radar was harder and yet, you had somehow managed to do that. Until today.

Today had started out normal. You were awake before any of the other maidens and already starting on your chores. The ladies claimed their mother would have more free time today so that meant she'd be around as well — which meant if any maidens messed up, she'd see it happen. That made you nervous. Even if you'd never messed up before, you were still extremely anxious about today.

Your first assignment was to get the wine from the cellar and bring it to your lady's handmaiden. Simple enough and you did it with ease. What you didn't expect was for the handmaiden to trip on her way into your lady's room.

The sound of her body hitting the floor and the wine bottle shattering, mixed with the smell of blood woke your lady. Your wide gaze stayed on the handmaiden as your heart hammered against your chest, body frozen in place. Lady Dimitrescu stood at an agonizingly slow pace, glowering at her handmaiden and leading you to believe that this wasn't the first time this maid had messed up.

Your lady stepped towards the maid, whom had now pulled herself to her feet, before extending her claws. In one swift motion, blood splattered on the walls and your maid uniform, your eyes squeezing shut as you waited for your own demise.

"And who might you be?" Lady Dimitrescu inquired, her raspy voice sending a shiver down your spine.

'She sounds so fucking hot in the morning, holy shit—.'

"I-I'm [Y/N], my la-lady." You trembled out, slowly opening your eyes yet keeping your gaze away from hers.

You immediately regretted it, the lifeless body of the previous handmaiden lay before you, cut to pieces by your lady. Even if you understood why it happened, it still terrified you. Buzzing and chittering quickly surrounded you before the three daughters appeared, their gazes trained on the dead body.

"Girls, deal with this body and get someone to clean up this mess." Your lady ordered; her gaze trained on you. "[Y/N], get me some wine. And don't mess up."