Hopeless Romantics pt. 2

Pairing: Daniela x Black!Reader x Aphrodite

Pronouns: She/Her

Happy Pride Month! I'm officially on a vacation from work, so enjoy this (and 2 other uploads tonight) until I have more ready to post as the week goes on!

Last Part: "Are you jealous?" I giggled, trying to glance back to see if I could see Aphrodite again."

"YEAH! Yeah, I am..."

My head snapped back to Daniela as she paced in front of me. "B-but you said-."

"I know what I said," Daniela groaned and leaned against the wall. "I... Didn't expect you to look like you belonged at her side..."

"...So, you have feelings for me?"

"I-..."

Anger boiled inside me at her lack of response. "It's a yes or no question, Dani. Can you see us dating? Yes or no?"

"I never... We agreed to-."

"Goodbye, Dani," I scoffed and walked away from her, returning to Aphrodite as tears filled my eyes. "Hopeless romantic — what a joke. No offense, lady Aphrodite."

"None taken," She hummed softly, soothing my emotions with those two words. "How about another drink?"

"...Can we go to your room? I wanna lay down."

"Of course, dear. Come on."

She stood and offered me her hand, waiting for me to take it before we began walking. When we passed Daniela, she let her head drop, and I could feel the regret and sadness rolling off her. I tightened my grip on Aphrodite until we were far enough from Daniela, my heart breaking more. 'If it wasn't for Aphrodite, I'd probably give up on love right now...' The goddess squeezed my hand — as if capable of reading my mind.

'...Wait... Can she read my mind?'

'Only thoughts involving me~! You sure have an active imagination~. You're right, by the way. I wouldn't mind joining you and the redhead if you can get her to admit her feelings for you.'

I bit back a smile at the thought, knowing I shouldn't get my hopes up. Even when given the chance, Daniela couldn't admit her feelings. '...Jealous. We need to be seen together. For more than just tonight.'

The goddess sent me a smile as she pulled me into a room, slamming me against the wall — not hard enough to hurt too much, but enough to make noise. I sucked in a sharp breath when her lips stopped millimeters from mine, my eyes widening in shock. Her eyes dropped to my lips but before anything could be done, flies surrounded us. Aphrodite stepped back effortlessly — unfazed by the flies chittering at and biting her — before Daniela's swarm calmed down.

Daniela let out a loud hiss, her arm keeping me behind her while the other pointed her sickle at the goddess. "I don't care if you're Isa's guest, she's off-limits!"

"If I recall correctly," Aphrodite giggled, waving her hand to show the scene from earlier — before I stormed off from Daniela and back to the goddess. "You couldn't answer a simple 'Yes or No' question for her and broke her heart. I'm here to repair it."

"I didn't break her heart!"

"You didn't? Is that why she wanted to drink with me earlier? Why she wanted to accompany the goddess of sex and procreation to her room? If you didn't break her heart, why would she seek me? She wouldn't need love if you didn't break her heart."