Autumn pt. 1

This is going to be a mini series <3 There will be an author's note at the end of this for those that don't follow me and/or haven't seen my updates on my profile <3
we're gonna do this one in first person <3

the reader uses she/they pronouns and isa uses they/them pronouns only

Autumn. The time of year most people looked forward to. Chilly weather that didn't require thick coats, leaves changing color and falling to cover the ground, and finally, Halloween. The moment Isa had given the warning that windows, and doors to the outside, were to be locked properly, excitement coursed through me. After working at the castle for a few years, I knew what that meant — and I knew what it meant for this year specifically.

Isa had came to me with a plan last month to get the triplets to leave the maids alone. Even without knowing the plan, I agreed. Finding out what the plan actually was, I called them suicidal but agreed nonetheless. What could possibly go wrong? Giving three, already hyperactive vampires a shit load of candy? Definitely didn't spell a recipe for disaster.

The Duke had let us know last week that he would have the supply Isa asked for — which is what they were currently getting. Which tasked me with finding and keeping the ladies distracted. That proved to be a very difficult task. The moment the girls heard that their mother was giving Bela a break, they took off down the halls and left me to sigh while trying to find out where they decided to run off to. By the time I caught up to them, they had a maid trapped in the corner.

'Poor girl,' I internally sighed before clearing my throat. "My ladies?"

Bela's head snapped in my direction, causing my heart to stop momentarily. "Well, there's half of who we're looking for."

'Well, that's not a good sign.'

Her sisters turned to look at me, with wide grins on their faces. "Run."

'...Fuck.'

I took off down the halls, praying to Hades that his child hurried up. A yelp left me when I collided with the ground, the weight on top of me shaking as a laugh left Cassandra. 'Of course, she was the one to catch me. Sometimes being one of the favorites sucks.'

The weight was soon removed — Cassandra's laughter still filled the halls as her sisters helped me sit up. Once she calmed down, Cassandra sat up with the occasional giggle leaving her. I let out a soft sigh and tried to force back a smile, the laughter of the triplets was always contagious.

"So, where's shorty?"

"You promised to stop calling me that, Bela," Isa sighed as they made their way over to us, their eyes shining with mischief when they glanced at me.

'They took forever on purpose—' I internally scowled before standing up. "Took you long enough."

"Ah, that's because I needed to deliver something to lady Dimitrescu. Something for you, actually."

"Why not give it to me now?"

"You'll see." Their smile, although innocent looking, sent a shiver down my spine.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, following Isa to their room with the ladies. Once inside, we took our seats on their bed and my eyes widened slightly at the amount of candy they had. My head tilted at the bottle of apple juice that they quickly hid, watching as motioned to the candy as a way to distract from what they just hid.