Their New Pet pt. 3

the reader uses she/her pronouns

warning(s): smut / nsfw, slight angst (?)

It had been a few weeks since the sisters confessed to you — and you to them. The maids seemed to become more hostile to you when you were alone, you even caught a few of them ogling each sister whenever they thought you weren't around. Of course, whichever vampire they were ogling snapped at them, sometimes even slashing them with their sickle, but it didn't make you feel much better.

That's how you ended up spending almost all day in your room, only leaving to eat with the Dimitrescu family — seeing as how lady Dimitrescu had demanded you started eating with them after her daughters told her what happened. You were currently reading a book, so engrossed in it that you didn't notice your door opening or the maid entering your room. When you did notice her, a low growl left you and your eyes narrowed at her. Amber. The same maid that had been cold to you since the very beginning.

"You're not supposed to be in here." You stated, sending her a glare.

"I just came to tell you that the ladies of the castle are growing bored of you," You knew she was lying, but that didn't take away any of the sting. "I'm simply warning you so you can get out now, before you end up in the cellar."

Your glare never let up, earning a sigh from the maiden as she stalked towards you. Immediately on alert, you snapped your book shut and backed up until your back hit the headboard, a quiet gasp leaving you when her hand wrapped around your throat. You gripped her wrist tightly, staring her in the eyes the entire time.

"I mean, honestly, why would you think they wouldn't get bored of you? Just look at how plain you are... It's a pity they even dragged this out for as long as they did, but I guess the blood of someone that's heartbroken tastes better." Her words were like knives to your heart but you didn't show it — never in front of someone else. "They've done this to so many others, we all tried to get you to leave by being mean but, you — like so many others — decided to stay and now you're going to have your heart broken."