Black Feathers and Shiny Rocks

as stated in the previous part - this is a mia x miranda (mama mia) fic as a test run since i just think that they're neat. if enough people like it and would like it as a story, i'll turn it into one at some point <3 this will also be in third person rather than first or second person pov (we'll see how that goes)

also, this is an au where ethan died right before the events of re8 so, mia does still have rose. now, enjoy <3

------------------

Mia had been taking care of Rose on her own since Ethan had passed away, his body not being able to hold up any longer. She had just put Rose down for a nap when a knock was heard downstairs. A soft sigh left the brunette as she began her trek down the hall and when she was halfway down the stairs, another knock was heard -- causing the woman to call out that she was coming.

Once she reached the door and peeked outside, a smile formed on her face and she quickly unlocked and opened the door. Her brown eyes lit up when they landed on the 6'1" blonde before her. It had been a long time since she last saw Miranda and she was surprised the woman had managed to find her after all of this time but, she was also glad that she did.

"Miranda, long time no see." Mia beamed, a shiver running down her spine when a cold breeze blew inside. "Please, come on in. I'm sure you must be cold out there -- I can make us some tea and we can catch up?"

"I'd love that, Mia." Miranda whispered, her smooth voice causing a faint pink tinge to dust Mia's cheeks. "I must say, when I heard that you were in Romania, I almost didn't believe it."

"Yeah well, I'm glad you decided to come and investigate. It'll be nice to know someone here."

Miranda let out a soft chuckle as she stepped inside the house, her icy blue gaze watching Mia's every move as said woman shut the door. The two made their way to the kitchen and Miranda's gaze immediately recognized the amount of baby things in the living room -- including the show that was now on low volume. Her attention was brought back to Mia when her soft footsteps grew nearer to the blonde.

"While we wait for the tea," Mia started softly, motioning towards the dining table. "Why don't we sit and catch up?"

"Fine with me," Miranda spoke with a small smile, following Mia to the table. "So, are you baby sitting or...?"

"No, uhm..." Mia sighed as the two sat down, her gaze landing on the table as she fiddled with her ring. "I have a daughter - Rosemary. Her father passed away shortly after she was born."

"I'm sorry for your loss. If you ever need any help with her, I can give you a number to reach me at before I leave."

"I'd appreciate that a lot, Miranda."

The two carried on with light conversation -- only stopping when the tea was ready. Minutes turned into hours and before the sound of a baby crying stopped their conversation. Mia immediately headed upstairs to pick up Rosemary, gently rocking and patting her stomach to get her to calm down. Once her crying stopped, Mia carried her downstairs and sent a small smile to Miranda.

"I hate to ask you this but, could you hold her while I get her something to eat?" Mia's cheeks were a light pink while she asked, bringing a smile to Miranda's face at how bashful the brunette had suddenly gotten.