Kitten

Neko!reader
reader uses she/they pronouns
warning(s): implied death/murder

Curses. Bloodline curses. They were the worst and your family was bestowed with a curse. Well, it's considered a curse. It's only ever benefited you. That was until you came across castle Dimitrescu. Most of the time you got away with anything. The triplets would simply let it go or remind you that you shouldn't do something.

And that would've been the outcome if it had been anyone other than their mother to see what happened. The altercation started when a maid mentioned how gorgeous the lady was and how she was going to try to get the lady to fall for her. You had simply laughed and brushed it off, but when she brought lady Dimitrescu a snack, you noticed the flirting and how the lady responded with simple smiles. It had been hours later that you managed to find the maid again and confront her.

For someone that didn't have lady Dimitrescu as theirs, you certainly did want to keep everyone else as far away from her as possible. You blamed the animal instincts that came with the curse. Most of the time, they were perfect and extremely beneficial. Every time you're around lady Dimitrescu? It's like she's the only thing in existence and anyone that tries to get her attention is a threat.

"M-my lady," You squeaked out nervously, stealing a quick glance at your bloody hand. "I-I can ex-explain?"

"Go on then," Lady Dimitrescu's response was monotonous and you shuddered because of it. "This better be good."

You whined and felt your right ear twitch before spinning your web of lies. Why? You weren't sure. You knew she could see through your lies, but you told her the lies anyway. Her eyes were narrowed at you the whole time, prompting your tail to flick from side to side nervously.

"Kitten," Her tone was dark and dangerous, making you stop immediately. "Why are you lying?"

"Because the consequences of the truth may be worse than the consequences of lying to you," You rushed out, catching your lower lip between your fangs in a poor attempt to stop yourself from telling her more.

"Tell. Me. The truth."

You whined louder and pressed your ears back, letting your tail curl around your waist to look smaller. "...She was flirting with you... She was doing it to get a reaction out of me — I guess she got what she wanted."

Lady Dimitrescu was silent and you lowered your head. You muttered that you'd show yourself to a cell in the basement, and when she didn't try to stop you, you continued at a faster pace. Before you could enter the basement, Bela stopped you and raised a blonde eyebrow.

"What's going on? We try to keep you out of here so your senses don't get overwhelmed. You get away with a lot, so what'd you do—?"

"I confessed," You whispered as you pushed passed her. "She was silent and didn't try to stop me. I took that as a sign to go down here. I'll await my punishment."

Before she could try to stop you, you were in the basement and shutting a cell behind you. You waited for hours before the lady showed up, her predatory gaze staying on you the whole time. She silently opened the cell and motioned for you to join her before walking away.

Deciding to rush after her, you stayed a bit behind her — enough out of her reach that even her claws won't reach you. By the time you came to a stop, you noticed that you were outside of the lady's room. When she entered the room, you stopped near the doorway and caused her to glance back at you.

"Wh-what about my pu-punishment for earlier?"

"This is it," Lady Dimitrescu hummed as she sat on the edge of the bed. "Now come here."

"Y-yes my lady," You stuttered out and hesitantly made your way toward your lady.

You stopped in front of her, letting out a quiet hiss of surprise when she lifted you onto her lap. Once you were settled on her lap, she trailed a finger along your tail until it unraveled from around your waist, flicking to the side when she withdrew her finger. For a while, she didn't touch you again. That was until your ears were no longer pressed back.

Lady Dimitrescu knew you were content at that point, which meant that wasn't allowed since this was supposed to be a punishment. Her finger traced your tail again, prompting a low purr to leave you — which caused the lady to continue. You were beginning to question if this was actually a punishment or not.

"Alright, I suppose I should speak about earlier," Lady Dimitrescu sighed after a moment of silence, making you look up at her. "The reason I didn't stop you, was because I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to punish you. Especially after you told me why you went after that maid."

"What do you mean?" Your ears twitched as your head tilted to the side.

"You needed to be punished for what you did, but I can't bring myself to punish you. It would hurt me more to punish you than to just stay silent and let you stay in a cell for a few hours."

When you didn't respond, lady Dimitrescu chuckled and began lightly scratching behind your right ear. "What I'm trying to say is; I like you. And because of this fact, I couldn't bring myself to punish you. It's also why the girls go easy on you."

"Oh!" You exclaimed while letting your tail swish happily. "So you weren't actually mad at me?"

"Of course not. I was actually very happy to find out that you'd practically kill someone for me."

"She died from that? How weak. Does this mean that this is not a punishment?"

"Oh?" Lady Dimitrescu hummed, mischief dancing in her gold eyes. "I never said that. This is a different kind of punishment. One you'll love just as much as you'll hate it."

———————
part 2 will be after my vacation and yes, it will be smut. if you didn't want to get your hopes up, now you can. also, after a 21+ hour car ride that was only supposed to be 15 hours, we finally made it to the place we're staying at for the next week.
from here on out, most uploads will be prewritten unless we get hit with a thunderstorm at any point we're here (which is a good chance to happen this week).

one final piece, for those that haven't been paying too close attention; the new Daniela story is up! Sweet Silence is the title, and here's the cover art that I made for it! if you haven't already, go read that! for you weirdos (affectionate) that like isa, they will be more prominent in this story.