Rosa Canina pt. 3

the reader uses she/her pronouns
warning(s): mentions of blood and biting

"Cassandra," Bela and Daniela yelled, banging on the door again. "Open this door, now or we'll break it down!"

And break it down they did. When their eyes landed on the two of you, Bela swarmed over and yanked Cassandra away from you, her eyes narrowed at her little sister as Daniela gently pulled you close to her. Your gaze stayed on Cassandra, watching her not even try to get up from her spot on the floor as Bela threatened her. It broke your heart to see her like this — so out of her element and hurting. The moment a tear slid down her cheek, both of her sisters seemed to freeze, allowing you to pull away from Daniela.

"Lady Cassandra...?" You whispered softly, taking a step towards her before she swarmed away, a choked sob leaving her.

"I suppose I was a bit harsh," Bela whispered, regret lacing her voice. "Dani, you stay with [Y/N], I'll go apologize to Cass and get her to talk..."

"She didn't want to kill me this time," You blurted out, making them both stare at you in confusion. "She... admitted that she liked me. Please, lady Bela, let her know I'd like to speak to her again — without being kidnapped and locked in a room this time."

Bela gave you a nod before swarming away, leaving you and Daniela alone. "Wanna head to the library for now? I can tell you're still shaken up by what happened."

You nodded at her and followed her to the library -- Daniela holding your hand the entire way there to try and comfort you. She grabbed a book once the two of you had entered and guided you to a couch, pulling you against her after she sat down. Cautiously, you pressed into her, resting your head on her shoulder as she began reading to you. She got about halfway through the book before the door opened, causing you to jolt out of your sleepy daze.

"She was almost asleep," Daniela grumbled, holding you closer. "Can't this wait?"

"Dani." Bela hissed and made her let you go, helping you move away from the comfortable position you had been in.

When you sat up and rubbed your eyes, your gaze landed on a very nervous Cassandra, making you give her a warm smile. Her nerves seemed to settle slightly at that, a small smile of her own tugging at the corners of her lips. The other two left quietly, the only indication of them having left being the door shutting and being barricaded to keep the two of you inside. You moved over, patting the spot next to you for Cassandra.