Home [NEW]

Pairing: Isa x Suicidal!Reader

Requested by: ZleppySleepy

Pronouns: She/They

I sighed as I stared out the window of the castle, watching the sunset while waiting for Isa to return. 'What's taking them so long? It seems they take longer every night...' I frowned when the thought of Isa cheating arose, quickly shaking the idea away. 'No, that's not the kind of person Isa is. Still... This is the longest they've made me wait...'

Minutes quickly shifted to two hours, prompting me to move to my bed and curl up under the blanket. '...Maybe they are cheating? When Isa's with me, they're sweet and loving, but when we're apart? It feels like they don't want to see me... Like their life would be easier-.' My thoughts stopped when the door opened, making me glance out from the blanket. 'Look who finally-' I stopped the frustrated thought when they carried a plate of food over to me. '... That's what took them so long? They were making me food?'

"Sorry, I'm late," Isa offered a sheepish smile as they carried the food over. "But I made one of your-."

"I'm not hungry," I cut them off before hiding under the blanket again. "...I just want to sleep."

"...Babygirl? When are you going to open up to me?" Isa's exhausted frown made my heart ache. "I want to help; I just don't know how."

"So stop," I hissed, making Isa flinch and look down. "I don't want to be a burden."

"You're not a burden! You're the l-."

"Love of your life? Are you sure that wasn't Sorana? Your first love? Or maybe it's Hunter — the mother of your child?"

"... That's not fair."

"Neither is you claiming that when I've seen the way you look at them!"

"I-? What? My feelings for Sorana faded out when she turned evil, you know that. Hunter and I had a contract — before I met you — and I ended up getting pregnant and keeping the kid. That doesn't mean I have feelings for her. I love you, [Y/N], no one else."

"...Yeah, sure," I muttered and closed my eyes, trying to let their logic and truth outweigh the negative voices in my head. 'I wish I could believe you... I know it's true, but I'm unable to accept it right now.'

"Do you... Do you need anything? Fr-from me?"

"I don't know."

Isa shifted nervously before setting my food on the bedside table. "...Do you want me to sleep in a different room tonight? I-I don't... I don't want to leave you alone, but I want to do something that will help you, and if that helps, then-."

"No," I frowned and grabbed their hand, pulling it close until they lay next to me. "... I'm sorry, I just- I don't know. I want you, but I want to be alone. Being alone makes me miss you, and missing you makes me think you aren't missing me-."

"Hey, hey, hey," Isa muttered and cupped my cheeks when my breathing rapidly increased. "Focus on me, my love. Deep breaths and focus on me, okay?"

I nodded and tried to focus on Isa, finding it difficult to steady my breathing. The demigod wrapped their arms around me, pulling me against their chest. 'So warm,' I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, my heart skipping when the smell of cinnamon reached my senses. 'It's always like this. But when they leave in the morning for work, I won't see them again until bedtime. None of this has helped my situation.'