holding each other close

*it was about 3:30pm by the time the funeral people had left so once they were gone harper went to check in on Tommy and jessica.*

Tommy: *was laying in bed with a sleeping jessica in his arms. he hear a nock on the bedroom door so he carefully and quietly got up to see who it was* hey mum! how's santana doing? im assuming that the funeral guys came to get Brittany already. *looks at his mum*

harper: yeah! they left a couple of minutes ago and annie is just sitting in our room with santana just now to keep an eye on her. i just wanted to come and check on you guys and see how jessica was doing. *smiles at Tommy*

Tommy: she was so exhausted from crying so she is sleeping right now. *frowns at his mum then looks back to check on Jessica*

Harper: poor thing! *frowns* ... its way past lunch time so would you like to come down to get a bite to eat with me? *smiles at her son*

Tommy: sure! ill just tuck jessica in and ill be right down. *smiles at harper*

Harper: k! *smiles then goes down the stairs to start searching for what to eat. sending annie a message to let her know that Tommy was downstairs with her and they would be up to see her as soon as they eat*

*meanwhile, back in annie and Harper's room*

annie: *responds to harpers message then gets an idea so she puts her phone down then turns to santana* hey san! *looks down at San as she is back to being curled up in a ball with her back facing annie*

Santana: mhm... *was too upset to have energy for speaking but she also doesnt want to be rude. she just mumbles so annie knows that she is listening*

Annie: would you like to go and cuddle up with Jessica in her bed? and ill bring you both a glass of water in a little bit and whatever else you would like. just call for me or harper and we'll come to see you.

Santana: yeah! *annie gets off the bed and goes round to give santana a hand up and walk her through to jessica's room to make sure they're ok*

Jessica: *wasnt in a deep sleep because her brain just want letting her stay asleep long enought to start dreaming or anything. she feels the bed dip so she tries to open her eyes as much as she ca to see who it is* mummy? *sounds so fragile and vulnrable so that obviously adds to santana's heart ache with everything that has happened today*

Santana: *puts her arm round jessica and holds her close* im here Munchkin! * kisses Jessica on the head then they both just lay ther holding each other like they were scared they would loose each other if they let go*

Jessica: *still couldnt sleep no matter how hard she tried. her thoughts were just all over the place and she couldnt stop herself from crying* mummy?

santana: *was just as lost in her thoughts but still had the strength to be there for jessica* yeah munchkin?

Jessica: i really wish this was all a dream and mama could come in here and cuddle with us. *looks up at Santana and has tears streaming down her face just as much as San does*

Santana: *tries to swallow the lump in her throat* me too! *smiles weakly*

Jessica: atleast we've still got each other,right? *smiles weakly*

Santana: thats right munchkin! just you and me against the world. *smiles and is wondering how on earth her little girl is being so strong. of course she is very greatful for that because then it will make the greiving process a little easier since they have more of an undersanding of each other since brittany played such an important roll in both their lives*

*by the time 4pm came, both the girls were sound alseep when tommy was asked to check on them so he just went straight back down the stairs to tell his mums. for the rest of the afternoon tommy and his mums would take turn with going to check on the girls. sometimes they were awake chatting quietly to one another and other times they would be sleeping again.*

*harper knew that she would have to find plane tickets for them all to travel back home and go to visit Meredith and let her know what is going on. luckily for them meredith and valerie chose to move to hawaii after they retired. so as they got older and less mobile the girls organised and helped them both move into the same nursing home just so they could keep each other company but also be close enough for san and Britt to visit whenever they had the time.*

harper: thats the tickets booked so we will be getting a flight back to hawaii at 10:30am tommorow. *looks up at Annie and Tommy* me and annie can pack Santana and brittany's stuff and tommy, you can help jessica pack her stuff, ok?

Tommy: yeah! we should try and do as much of it as we can tonight because its definitely not going to be easy. *looks at his mums as they nod their head in agreement*

annie: yeah! its gonna be extra hard for Santana to tell us whats Brittany's and whats not. so we need to be patient with them but also get it over and done with as soon as possible so that way they will have more time to grieve and jessica and San can focus on spending time together not worrying about anything.

harper: yeah! when we are on our way home i can talk to Santana and tell her about how ill be talking to meredith and organising for us to all come and visit and thats when we will sit down with her and valerie and let them know thats happened and that me and annie will be doing everything we can to help with arranging the funeral and anything else they need. *smiles at Tommy and annie seeing that they understand the plan* ...with that being said i think its time for some cuddles on the couch, dont you? *smiles as annie perks up at the mention of cuddling. shes always been the clingier one so harper isnt surprised at all. also if they have learned anything from todays events is that they need to really appreciate any time they get to spend together because tomorrow isnt promised*