special gifts

Mercedes: *smiles as Grace opens the front door* MERRY CHRISTMAS! *steps forward and gives grace a welcome hug then the 2 of them make their way through to the dinning room to see everyone*

Santana: *was not expecting to see Mercedes this early on in the evening so of course she was instatly smiling from ear to ear because they dont get to hang out nearly as much as they used too* well, if it isnt the diva herself... Mrs mercedes freaking jones! *laughs as does mercedes because Santana has always been Mercedes' biggest fan. all throughout her singing career and even after she retired. san still talks to her the way she did years ago*

Mercedes: hello to you too snixx! *hugs santana*

Santana: how are you? *smiles as she guides mercedes to sit next to her*

Mercedes: im doing pretty good! *smiles* ...all the oldies love having a celebrity in their bingo hall every week. *smiles as she sassily flicks her hair, making everyone laugh and playfully shake their heads*

Santana: i expected nothing less from you, honestly! you were born to be a star and you deserve the recognition. *smiles proudly as she thinks back to where mercedes started. when she was just this shy girl that had very little belief in her talent* im so beyond proud of you... and maybe a little jealous *laughs as does Mersedes*

Mersedes: girl please! you are out of this world when it comes to your singing. i dont understand how you never let yourself reach your full potential and do a bunch of collab's with some of the great's of our generation. you would have killed it *smiles as Satana shakes her head just to show that she still doesnt believe in her talent*

Santana: anyway... how about we take this party outside in the sunshine while we wait for the others to arrive. *looks round and sees everyone agree. so they all made their way outside and sat on garden chairs in the patio space, while the kids played on the grass*

Jasmine: *hears everyone talking and was stopped in her tracks when she hears a familiar voice that she hasnt heard in a while* 'CEDES! *runs towards mercedes, who was sat between Toby and San*

Mercedes: *is chatting and laughing at the 2 children next to her, winding each other up like siblings do* hey little one! *smiles as she pick Jasmine up and places her on her lap*

Jasmine: will you be staying with grandma for a few days? *looks up at mercedes with hopeful eyes*

Mercedes: i am indeed! *smiles as she sees the excitement in the little girls eyes* i cant stay for too long though, otherwise damian will start to miss me. *laughs a little*

Jasmine: where is he? *gives a look of confussion as to why mercedes didnt bring her husband with her*

Mercedes: *laughs a little at how jasmine always has so many questions to ask her whenever she visits* he decided that he was gonna have a guys night with all his friends at the pub! *looks at Jasmine and smiles because she can just sense that another question is about to be unleashed*

Jasmine: *makes a confused face* what's a pub? *everyone laughs because they all must have been thinking the same as mercedes*

Mercedes: a pub is the place that adults like to go and drink alcahol! but thats something you arents aloud to do untill you are 18.

Jasmine: ah ok!

Mercedes: *now its her turn to ask questions and catch up with Jasmine's life. even though she is only 4 and doesnt have much going for her right now* so, how old are you now? the last time i saw you, you were alot shorter. *exgaggerates a little for the girl's enjoyment* now you are almost the same height as me and your midget Grandmother! *laughs as she gets a slap on the arm by san and a giggle from the 4 year old. mercedes knows san has always been insecure about her height so mercedes likes to make jokes. she really doesnt mean any harm by it and luckily santana knows that*

Jasmine: 'cedes you're silly! grandma isnt that short! *smiles at santana*

Santana: thank you sweetheart! *smiles at jasmine then turns and sticks her tongue out at Mercedes*

Mercedes: *laughs at San then turns back to the little girl on her lap* anyway... are you excited to be starting nursery next year?

Jasmine: yeah! im gonna make so many friends and we are gonna play all the time. *smiles as mercedes smiles back*

Mercedes: that sounds awesome! im sure you are gonna love it! *smiles*

*another hour goes by of everyone chatting and laughing with each other. after the girl's game of 101 questions, jasmine eventually got bored and wanted to go back to play with max and Elliot. It wasn't much longer before sam and sugar had shown up and brought big bags of gifts. so that definitely got the kids attention. everyone decided that they would do presents before food, so everyone gathered in the livingroom and watched the kids open their gifts then at the end all the adult were exchanging a few little gifts for each other*

Elliot: NO WAY! *looks down at the gift he just opened and cant believe what he was gifted with. hes so stunned that he tears up a little* how did you guys do this? *looks at his grandma then to sam and sugar*

Sam: *smiles as elliot cant stop admiring the little necklace with a pendant that has his dads ashes in it* i know a guy! *laughs because he totally didnt mean to sound like he was doing drugs, but oh well. everyone laghed at him anyway*

Elliot: *is still crying a little as he looks back at sam* thank you so much S! i love it *smiles*

Santana: would you like me to put it on for you? *gets up and goes over to elliots wheelchair and takes the necklace from his hands* ...there you go! now you will have him with you wherever you go! *smiles as Elliot smiles back*

Jasmine: *was now down to her last few gifts and has come to her special box that has a bracelet in it* can you help me open this grandma? *goes over and gives Santana the small box*

Santana: *smiles at jasmine then opens the box to see a little bracelet with a heart on it that is filled with more ashes. which she's assuming is jessica's because Elliot already got Tommy's* aw look at this Jazzy! *smiles at Jasmine as she holds out the box between them*

jasmine: *looks at the bracelet in it and is loving the pink tinted heart and the silver beads round the rest of the bracelet* its so pretty! ...but what is that stuff inside there? *points to the ashes inside the heart*

Santana: thats your mama's ashes! so now, whenever you wear this bracelet, your mama will be right here with you. *smiles as Jasmine starts to smile too*

Jasmine: thats so cool! i love it! *smiles and runs over to give sam and sugar a big hug to thank them for getting her the bracelete* THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Sugar: your welcome sweetie! *smiles as Jasmine smiles up at them*

Santana: come on over and ill put it on for you! *puts the bracelet on jasmine and watches as she excitedly skips over to show off her bracelet to Elliot*

Elliot: thats amazing Jazzy-bear! now we get to have our parents with us whenever we have a bad day! *smiles down at Jasmine as she starts to admire the blue tinted heart pendant on Elliot's necklace*