the best send off

*for the next week! Tommy and his mums had organised with Santana that they would just stay over at her place so they could help around the house when things would get too much for the girls to cope with. San was very apreciative of it because she was able to spend more time with jessica just like old times and that helped the 2 of them be able to go through the motions of grief. santana also got in touch with her mates from highschool to tell them what has happend and to get a number for who would be able to attent Brittany's funeral. it was going to be a small gathering with the really important people in Brittany and santana's life so they only invited a few work collegues that they kept in touch with after retiring*

*its now a wednesday and everyone was sat at the dinning table talking about the funeral and making sure everything is in place and its all gonna go the way that Brittany would have wanted. for example, santana has asked that all the people attending shouldnt come dressed in the traditional, all black outfits people wear at funeral. instead everyone will come dressed in their favourite colour and it will be a unicorn themed funeral. and for those who want to come with flowers, they were asked to buy the best bunch of lillies they can buy. because over the years, lillies remained a favourite of santana and Brittanys ever since they were in highschool and made the joke about lillies being the lesbian of flowers*

Santana: i think thats everything! *looks round the table and smiles at everyone as they smile back* ...as usual im the last one too have an oufit organised! ...wanna help me out Munchkin? *laughs at herself as everyone else laughs because they know how San takes her apperance very serious even if its not for a special occasion*

Jessica: yeah sure! *smiles*

Santana: alright, lets go! *gets up and follows Jessica up the stairs*

Jessica: im guessing you are gonna wear the colour that mama used to love on you? *sits on Santana's bed then looks up at her*

Santana: yeah! if i dont then her spirit with come down and kick my ass for it! *laughs because no matter how old the girls got, Brittany remained the person she was in highschool where she hated violence and would be kind to any one and everyone no matter who hurt her. so santana definitely couldnt do anything that would make Brittany that mad at her*

Jessica: *laughs* alright, lets see what your options are. *starts going through Santana's side of the wardrobe and lays out all her red dresses on the bed so she can pick one*

*45 minutes later! Santana was still trying on all her outfits and checking herself in the mirror. she just couldnt make her mind up even though jessica was being a very good commentary and telling her what she liked about each dress and that Brittany would totally agree with what she was saying*

Santana: *sees that Jessica is starting to get fed up with her indecisivness* im so sorry Munchkin! i know its silly to be this picky when she cant even be here too see it but you know that i still want the best for your mama because she deserves the most amazing and perfect send off. *smiles as Jessica smiles back*

Jessica: its ok! i totally understand! ...but you know that mama would obsess over any of these dresses, so there is a very small percent chance that you can disappoint her. just take a minute and go with what your gut tells you. the one that your eyes imediately land on, thats the one that mama is telling you to wear for her! *smiles as Santana smiles back*

Santana: you my little Munchkin are a genious just like your mama! *smiles as Jessica smiles back then stands up to give her mum a hug*

Jessica: *pulls away from the hug* and lets not forget about the fact that you have somehow managed to keep the same figure that you had back in highschool *playfully rolls her eyes to show her jelousy* we both know that mama is gonna be looking down on you and drooling like crazy just like she always does  *laughs and playfully shakes her head thinking about how Brittany was just as handsy with San at 50 like she was at 15*

Santana: touche! *laughs as she thinks about how Brittany was always all over her in a public place just as much as she was behind closed doors* alright! i'll go with this one! *pick up her red dress that has one strap and is a tight fitted one that makes her curves stand out*

Jessica: awesome! i love it *smiles at san then they both stand for a moment to admire the dress* ... mama is gonna be tripping over every cloud in the sky with you in this *laughs as does Santana*

*once santana hangs her dress up, her and jessica go back down the stairs to see that everyone was just chatting and laughing with one another and that made the girls smile. jessica walked over to the bean bag that Tommy was on and she sat on his lap, cuddling into him and having their own conversation. santana went and sat back down with Meredith and her mum, cuddling up to her mum and just sat there listening to the conversation going on between them and annie and harper*

*6pm came quicker than anyone realised and they were soon finishing dinner and saying goodbye to Meredith and Valerie before they get driven back to their care home*

Valerie: *was stood infront of Santana and was holding her hands while she spoke to her* promise me you will call me! even if you dont want to hear any of your mami's pep talks *laughs as does san* im also a very good listener if you need to let out some thoughts and feeling that you try to bottle up *looksat san and tries to be stern in a caring way because thats when santana will actually listen and take it seriously*

Santana: i promise to talk your ear off all night long whether you like it or not *is laughing now to make it seem like she is going to forget like she always does but this time she is being serious*

Valerie: yeah, you better! *laughs* ...i love you so much mija! *reaches up to cup the side of santana's face then she just randomly started gigging a little which confused Santana so much*

Santana: well  that sounds convincing! thanks mum *acts fake hurt*

Valerie: *laughs because she knew that santana was gonna take her laughing as something negative* no no, its not that! i just had a thought. i see how my timing kinda messed my last statement up, sorry! *laughs at herself*

Santana: its ok! but why were you laughing?

Valerie: your crazy as wife's spirit is obviously hovering about around here because when i was holding your face i could hear Britt's voice in the back of my mind saying 'get your hands off my woman before i come down there and do it for you!' *tries to do her best Brittany impression for Santana's sake*

Santana: wow! that is just like her to say that and get made at anyone that comes within 2 feet of me *laughs then goes back to having a heartbroken look on her face* i sure am gonna miss my crazy ass bodyguard *smiles weakly as her mum does the same*

Valerie: i know mija. but dont worry because i know that you know that she will always be with you were ever you go. no amout of locks on the golden gates will stop that girl from running round on all the clouds to follow you wherever you go. *smiles*

Santana: yeah! *smiles and tears up a little*

Valerie: i better go! *looks back and sees that meredith is already in the car waiting*

Santana: ok! i love you and ill speak soon *smiles as she finally lets go of her mums hand*

Valerie: i love you most! *smiles then gets in the car and gets driven of into the distance were santana can no longer see their siloettes in the back seat so she goes back inside to join everyone in the living room again*