scars of the past

*Santana was now in the bathroom with elliot, running him a fresh bath. Then once it was full she helped guide him into it so he doesnt hurt himself*

Santana: *looks down at elliot as he is hidden under the bubbles* you good?

Elliot: *has a hold of the handles on the side of the bath as he looks up at santana* yeah! thanks grandma! *smiles*

Santana: no problem buddy! *smiles then leans over and kisses his head* just shout if you need anything. *gets up and makes her way out the bathroom to give elliot some space*

Elliot: k! *still has a hold of the handles as he lays himself back a bit, resting his head on the edge of the bath and resting his eyes*

Anna: *was at the little round table setting up a few games with grace and the kids, when she sees santana walk out the bathroom* everything ok?

Santana: *walks over to the couch and sits down, looking up at everyone* yeah! hes just having a bubble bath to try and numb some of the pain. *smiles weakly as does anna*

Anna: alright! well thats the games all set up if you wanna come over and join us. *smiles*

Santana: id love to! *smiles then gets up from the couch and goes to sit next to jasmine*

Max: can i be this one? *holds up an orange playing piece for the game*

Grace: *looks at max* sure! *takes the rest of the characters out the little plastic bag they came in* what about you jazzy-bear? *watches as jasmine decides on a colour*

Jasmine: *takes the purple one* this one! *smiles at the girls*

Grace: good choice! *smiles at jasmine then looks at santana and anna* ladies first... *smiles as the 2 woman smile back then look at the characters that are left*

Santana: ill take this blue one because i can feel brittany over my shoulder making sure i pick the same one i used to. i would always pick it because id say that i liked that it matches her eyes. *laughs at herself for still trying to keep brittany happy even though she isnt physically with them anymore*

Anna: *smiles at san* thats adorable! *looks back at the 3 playing pieces left* ill take this one! *picks up the yellow piece*

Grace: i guess that just leaves me! *looks and sees that there is a red piece and a green piece* ill take this red one and leave the booger one for your big bro *smiles cheekily at jasmine, making her laugh*

Elliot: *behind the closed door of the bathroom* i heard that! *everyone laughs then puts all their pieses at the starting point so they can start the game*

Santana: ill go last! im just gonna check on Elliot! *smiles at the girls then gets up and goes over to knock on the bathroom door*

Elliot: *heard the knock* yeah?...

Santana: are you ok? do you need help with anything?

Elliot: *thinks about how he needs help washing his hair* yes please!

Santana: *opens the door enough for her to go in and help elliot out* have you managed to wash your body yet? *sits on the lid of the toilet and looks at elliot*

Elliot: yeah! i just couldnt reach my toes or my back.

Santana: thats alright! ill just do that for you now, then ill get your hair done. *rolls her sleeaves up and reaches in the bath for the face cloth*

Elliot: *looks down at santana's arms and saw a bunch of scars on her. Since he is naturally curious about things that hes never seen before or hear of from his family, he cant help but ask about them* grandma, what happened to your arms? *sees santana whip her head round at her arms then to elliot, looking like a deer caught in headlights*

Santana: oh, um... its nothing! your grandma is getting clumsy in her old age. *laughs it off hoping elliot hasnt learned anything about self harming and stuff like that*

Elliot: *thinks for a moment, then it hits him that it might be what happened to one of his school mates. but he's wanting it so badly not to be true* Grandma... did you do that to yourself? *gets upset because he hates to think that the woman he looks up to and sees as the stongest human on the planet, would ever think to hurt herself like that. then he starts blaming himself for being so difficult to take care of because of his condition. That's the only logical explanation he can come up with in this moment in time*

Santana: *realises that hes old enough to know about it, so she might as well just come clean* ...i did! *sighs and looks down to the bath water because she doesnt wanna see the sad look in her grandsons eyes*

Elliot: b-but why? *tears up a little* do you not wanna be here with me and jazzy anymore? is it because of all the stuff i need help with because of my condition. im sorry i cant do more for myself! *feels hurt and confused as to why santana wanted to do something crazy like this. he cant help but blame himself because he knows how stressful it is to keep up with everything that he has to put up with because of his condition*

Santana: *was tearing up as well because of the thoughts about why she started doing it in the first place. but also from the feeling of guilt that she feels because she made her grandson feel like she doesnt wanna be here with them anymore* of course i wanna be here for you and jazzy! i love you guys more than life itself. and dont think for a second that you are to blame for this. you are my little miracle and i love you so much. i wouldnt have you any other way buddy. *smiles weakly as does elliot* ...come on! lets just get you washed and out of here and we can talk about this another day.

elliot: ok! *cant help but feel like he is still causing his grandma too much stress because of his condition*

*after santana helped elliot get out the bath and sat back on his wheelchair to get himself dry. elliot catches santana off guard by giving her a big long hug that lasts a couple of seconds.*

*they were brought back to reality by a knock on the bathroom door*

Jasmine: come on Grandma, its your turn!

Santana: *clears her throat and tries her best to sound like she hasnt been crying* ill be there in a minute sweetheart!

Jasmine: ok! *goes back to the table and waits with everyone*