Chapter 25

Warning: This chapter contains 18+ content

Hayden

Thomas led a team outside Imperos palace to shoot down the remaining snipers. I brought some men with me inside, quietly directing them by raising one or two fingers. They instantly understood my plan and scattered through the living room.

The windows were shot down. Glass pieces scattered over the floor as I hid behind one of the walls. My back pressed against it, and my head tilted carefully to see two men dressed in black. They both were holding rifles in their hands while speaking with each other.

"We still need to find Hayden Winston and his family," one of the men spoke, knocking the piano chair aside. "Prince Osahar would kill us if we don't finish our job."

"We already shot down several famous people," the other replied. "It should do enough damage to his reputation even if we don't have his life."

My fingers clenched around my gun, and I gritted my teeth as I heard about Osahar's stupid plan. He didn't know who the fuck he was messing around with.

I stood to the side and pulled the trigger back before closing one eye to shoot them at the thigh. The man instantly groaned with pain, and the bullet flew straight at the other man who dropped to the ground.

My security team surrounded them immediately and knocked the rifles away. I stepped straight inside, sending them a death glare in the eyes as they looked over at me. They were restrained as I knelt down right in front of them.

"Want me dead?" I let out a cold laugh, shaking my head. "Maybe you should have find a smarter boss than Osahar."

One of the men spat in front of me, his face hinting no fear. "Don't you think that you are safe, Hayden Winston. Prince Osahar will kill you!"

"You will be dead before you even see him."

"I rather be dead then to plead you for my life," he snarled. His cold eyes displayed no remorse. "It was you who played around with my sister. She loves you!"

"What the fuck are you saying?"

He laughed darkly. "Do you remember Chloe? She wanted a future with you, but you broke up with her and married someone else!"

I remembered her instantly as soon as he mentioned her name. Chloe and I had never dated, but she kept coming to me because she said she was in love with me. It was more about obsessing over me, and I ignored her the day she tried to force me to fuck her.

I had never saw her again since that day. Now, her brother tried to kill me because he thought I messed with his sister. That was fucking ridiculous.

"I never did anything with Chloe," I snapped. "It was your sister who was trying to grab my attention. I never touched her."

"Bullshit," he gritted his teeth. "I will never let you live for what you did to Chloe. Because of you, she is depressed and nearly took her own life."

"I'm only repeating this once. I did not mess with Chloe."

Suddenly, I saw a bullet flew straight through, hitting one of my men at the arm. He was pulled to the side by the others, and the two men on the floor pulled a knife out of their back pockets. One of the knife slashed my arm, making me wince, but I kicked one of them down before knocking the knife out of the other.

I slid to hide behind the fallen couch. The bullets were shooting straight my direction, and I scrunched my face with agony as I scanned to the my arm. It was dripping with red blood, soaking through my sleeve.