Chapter 134

Clara

"What is this fruit called?" I asked Damien as I peeled the skin and tore a piece of orange slice. I held in front of him as his bright hazel eyes stared over at it.

"Orange," he said it properly.

Damien was very good at calling out for me, but he had a whole different attitude for Hayden. Hayden had been more annoyed with the fact that we only had sons. He said it was unfair for him that our sons had all my attention, and it made me laugh that he was like a child who yearned for me.

After the miscarriage, Hayden had never pressured me to give him a daughter for our family. He and I both had suffered through the loss of our child, and we finally had enough time to overcome the past, spending time with each other alone.

"Good job, Damien," I smiled, kissing his cheek.

He sat perfectly on my thighs, his small back pressing to my chest as I slowly fed him the orange slice. He munched on it, moving his round cheeks that made me watch in awe.

"Queen Clara," Violet came in, smiling as she spoke in a polite mannerism. "Princess Josephine is here for you."

"Let her inside," I beamed.

Violet went to take Josephine, and they returned into the living room. Josephine instantly greeted Damien, but once she saw me, she had the concerned expression on her face. I allowed Damien and Xander to stay with Violet in the living room as Josephine and I headed to the lounge room.

"What's going on?" I instantly asked. Her cold hands touched mine, and I tried to give her some warmth.

"I don't know, Clara. I don't know who else to speak with but you," she answered, her voice shaky. It had been a while since I last saw her. She told Rosie and me that she was busy with the renovation of her house, but it seemed to be a different story now.

"It's okay, Josephine. I'm here for you."

She was hesitant, thinking again to find her words. When she was ready, she stared around to catch anyone listening then spoke. "I think I'm pregnant."

"You think?" I tilted my head, blinking at her assumption. "Have you called Dr. Hill to check for you?"

She shook her head. "I don't want anyone to know yet. That's why I came to you. My mother-in-law has been wondering when Abbas and me are going to have children, but I don't want to disappoint her when I'm unsure. She'll be upset as soon as she saw the negative results."

"Don't worry about it," I assured and patted her hand. She gave me a light squeeze in return as her eyes lightened at my response. "We can do a quick pregnancy test."

I brought Josephine to Hayden and my bedroom. We went to the bathroom, and I pulled out a drawer where I kept spare pregnancy tests. Ever since Hayden and I became intimate again, I went to buy a few extra ones in case. We didn't exactly plan to have a next child, but it's not like we were preventing anything either.

I stared at the box, remembering the time when I told Hayden about our third baby. A year passed, and it was still a good small memory for me.

I shook my head at the thought and grabbed one out for Josephine. I explained to her the steps as Damien started running inside. He embraced my legs, peering his head upwards to look at me with a handsome smile. I carried him out of the bathroom and waited at the door for Josephine.

"What Auntie Josephine doing?" He asked, pointing at the door. "I wanna be inside."

"Auntie Josephine is doing something important, Damien," I patted him on the head then kissed his little cheeks. "We can't bother her right now."