Chapter 56

Clara

I gently brushed through Xander's soft brunette hair as I rested my cheek on my palm. I laid on the side of my body on the bed, admiring his sleeping features. I smiled at the little boy who looked so similar to Hayden when they were asleep. They had the long eyelashes protruding out over their cheek bones.

After I told Xander the truth, it was like a rock lifted from my chest. I didn't know if Hayden would take Xander back to Imperos, but I was prepared to have Xander reunite with his royal family. Xander had the rights to choose whether or not he wanted to see them. He made the decision to meet his dad again, and he would soon be with his grandparents and his other relatives.

As a child, he didn't understood what it was like to be the only heir to Nascadia. He only had wishes like every other child. He wanted to know where he was from and wanted to be with his family. It was my fault for taking him from Hayden. They had no proper relationship, and they lost three years with each other. It would be wrong of me again to keep Xander forever in Tarrin.

I stood from the ground and went to prepare breakfast after getting ready. I tied my hair into a loose bun, letting the short strands falling to the sides of my face.

"Mummy," I heard a small voice called. I turned around and saw Xander awake. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes before walking over to me with his arms wide. I lifted him up and supported him underneath with one arm.

"Good morning," I kissed his cheek.

"Good morning," he mumbled back.

His blue eyes looked down at what I was doing before he offered to help me. I placed him down to the ground. I kicked the plastic stool over to the counter. When he stood on, he was already towering over the counter, and it was another clear feature he inherited from Hayden.

"Can you please to crack the eggs into the bowl for Mummy?" I asked him.

"Yes," he nodded enthusiastically.

I allowed him to complete the little task, and he easily took over to stir the egg mixture while I heated the pan over the stove. We poured the eggs into the pan, and all the sizzling sounds cracked when it started to cook. I kept Xander further back in case the oil splashed onto him.

"It smells really good," Xander complimented, tilting his head over to look at me. His smile appeared to be brighter ever since he knew his life story. "Did Mummy cook for Daddy?"

"Mummy did cook for Daddy," I nodded and smiled at the memories. "Daddy is not a kitchen person. He doesn't know how to cook."

"What does Daddy like to eat then?"

"Daddy loves to eat seafood. He doesn't like to eat peas like you."

I rubbed his cheek, and he laughed, his eyes turning bright as I told him about Hayden. I had never expected to be a simple housewife like I was now. I fought against my mother to be a traditional woman, but here I was, doing what I thought I would never do. Now that I had the freedom to do anything I wanted, it was slightly weird to not hear my mother lecture and scold me.

It made me thought back to my family in Liford.

Even if my mother kicked me out, they were a family who raised and supported me. I had no reasons to be angry at them, and being a mother made me realize that caring for your children was never easy. My mother was blinded from what Maisie had done. I called Silas over the past three years for short conversations.

He made a promise to hide where I was, and he never told our parents about me. I didn't want my mother and father to drag me out of Tarrin. My strongest fear was seeing divorce papers that I didn't want to sign. Not once.