Chapter 113

*Warning: This chapter contains 18+ scenes. 

Hayden

"Who wears no colour on their birthday?" Clara questioned, fixing the collar of my dress shirt. I rolled my eyes and pulled her close to me, my fingers brushing over her strands as I pushed them away from her face.

"Navy blue is a colour," I argued.

She sent me a displeased reaction instantly. "That's the only colour you have in your closet. I knew I should have forced you to wear the other shirt."

"No fucking way. Green is a hideous colour."

She laughed loudly. Her hand covered over her mouth, and I was on the fucking verge to cut that green shirt into pieces. It was as bright as the watermelon skin and looked fucking ridiculous on me once I tried it on. Clearly, it was only for her amusement, not mine.

"You make everything unattractive become attractive," she complimented playfully. Her arms winded around my neck, and she stood on her toes, sharing a kiss with me.

The soft texture of her lips against mine. She parted them open, allowing my tongue to delve inside, exploring her mouth. A groan rumbled out of my chest when I felt her body pressed onto me. I resisted every fucking desire to not throw her onto the bed and fuck her senseless.

"You're fucking killing me," I growled lowly. "It's not helping when your dress is so fucking tight over that little body."

"Too bad," she teased. "You can take a cold shower before we leave if you want."

"You think I'm letting you free on my fucking birthday?"

She dragged her bottom lip between her teeth, unintentionally seducing me again for the nth time of the night. Her eyes looked fucking innocent, but she was nothing she portrayed when she begged me to fuck her harder.

"We're going to be late," she turned around to avoid looking at me. She had that pretty smile across her lips. "Let's head out to dinner now."

When we arrived at the restaurant, I caught some light screams around us. I stepped ahead, holding the portable car seat where Damien was. I instantly pulled the shield down to block him from the cameras. I hated how we were some fucking zoo animal for them.

Clara thanked the manager before he closed the door. Our families came after a while. They left their presents on the other table, and we gathered around to celebrate. I fucking hated celebrating my birthday. It was nothing special to me, and I usually had dinner with my family at Bruchester. Clara wanted to change this year because she said it was our first celebration together.

"Cheers," we clinked our glasses together.

"It's so nice to have a little dinner for Hayden's birthday," my mother smiled. "We usually stay home since he didn't want to do much."

Jo let out a laugh as she glanced over at Clara and me. "It's the power of love, mother. Hayden hates doing parties, but as long as Clara wants it, he will do it to impress her. It helps his ego."

I narrowed my eyes at Jo. Ever since she married Abbas, she had been so damn expressive. She used to be shy and quiet, but it was clear she made the right choice to marry him. He made her more confident.

"I agree," Clara gave a high-five to Jo.

Everyone started laughing, and I swore to God if it was someone else, I would kick them out of the room. Clara leaned in to kiss my cheek, and I pulled her closer to me, resting my arm loosely around her waist.

We talked around about different topics that didn't interest me until my mother brought up shit that was starting to piss me off.

"Adelaide, I heard that you are trying to find a wife for Silas," my mother questioned.