Chapter 75

Hayden

"Why didn't you tell me about it, Hayden?" My mother complained for the nth time. I rolled my eyes, relaxing back on the couch, my arm on top. "I would have prepared supplements for Clara tonight."

"It's okay," Clara smiled at my mother. "We've just known this morning. You don't have to worry so much, mother. Dr. Hill says the baby is very healthy."

"Of course, I have to worry," my mother came over to sit beside Clara. She grasped her hand then glared over at me, unsatisfied with my actions. "I think it's best if you stay at here for the next eight months until the baby is born."

"Hell no," I instantly rejected the idea. "There is no fucking way Clara is staying here. She stays at Imperos. That's our home."

"What are you talking about?" My mother ticked at me. "Bruchester is your home too. Both of you can stay here until Clara gives birth."

"You can forget it. I have no privacy here."

"You have too much privacy with Clara at Imperos."

Clara laughed, glancing over at me, as she knew what my mother was trying indicate. I rolled my eyes, the frustrations growing in my blood. My mother was on my fucking nerves. I would never stay in Bruchester unless it was needed. I didn't want to listen to her nag the shit out of me every fucking day.

"You can come over to our place, but we're not staying here," I told her the final time. "It's so annoying for Clara to move around. She's pregnant."

My mother sighed, and from her expression, I could tell she was giving in. She nodded then ordered Martha to prepare some supplements for Clara.

When we finished having dinner, I went to sit with Ivor in the longue room. My fingers held the stem of the wine glass, swirling the red alcohol around as I glanced over at him. He was silent as if he was thinking about someone. I furrowed my brows at his expression.

"Don't tell me it's Rosie Cowen that you're thinking about," I muttered.

He raised his head, looking at me with a stunned expression. I shook my head, knowing that he was clearly drawn into her. Clara had been telling me about them. For the past few years, they had been so damn close to each other. It was turning more than friendship for them.

"How do you know when you were in love with Clara?" He asked me.

At that point, I knew she had him wrapped around his fingers. They came to the engagement party as a pair. He kept his attention on her the entire night. My mother introduced him to plenty of women to match, but he was distracted, his eyes gluing onto her wherever she went. He dared to lie to my fucking face about being only friends with her.

"You don't know until you feel it," I murmured, staring at the red wine as I watched it move in the glass. "You get pissed at her when she annoys the shit out of you. You fucking hate how she ignores you. She controls every last breath you have."

He kept his mouth shut, and I darted my eyes back at him. It was the look in his eyes that I easily identified, showing me flashes of his memories with her. The raw emotion that she left for him since he had fallen for her. We were brothers who were made to be trapped by two women that known each other ever since they were born.

"I don't want to be match with some princess," Ivor groaned, his head tilting back as he rested it on the armchair. "I don't even have any feelings for them."

"Our grandfather is never letting you bring in Rosie," I pointed out truthfully. "Mother already told Clara and me that she is already planning to have you meet with different princesses. Grandfather clearly wants another alliance, and our mother wants the perfect wife for you. Rosie Cowen would never be on their list."