Chapter 109

Clara

I watched as security guards came and pushed Hayden down onto his knees. My eyes widened in shock, surprised at how Floyd treated his grandson. I tried to shove past them, but they held me back, not letting me move an inch.

"Hayden," I called, my eyes watering when I saw him restrained. My chest ached at how helpless I felt again to protect my own husband.

He raised his gaze. His darkened hazel eyes snapped over to his grandfather. He was trying to move when he noticed me, but he was completely trapped. His jaw locked, and he returned his deadly eyes.

"Are you fucking crazy?" He shouted, his voice so rough. "How dare you fucking lay hands on Clara? She's pregnant with your great grandchild."

"Both of you need a good reminder of my expectations in the family," Floyd spoke coldly.

My entire body nearly jumped when I witnessed a wooden stick hitting at Hayden on the back. It was the same for Ivor. Rosie was pushing the security guard away, but Ivor was telling her to not to do anything. She kept crying as she was fighting for him. Josephine and Abbas had to hold her back from not getting hurt.

My heart throbbed as I watched Hayden being hit over and over again. One hard hit then another. The bodyguard was using all his strength, and I gasped as soon as I saw blood coming from the corner of Hayden's lips.

"That's enough," I shouted, kneeling beside Hayden as I hugged him by the neck. I shut my eyes tight, squeezing the tears out. I looked back at Floyd who didn't even seem affected by his actions. "How could you even do this to your own grandchildren?"

"I said it once," Floyd spat. "If anyone dares to intervene, they will be punished too. I don't care who you are."

"Don't fucking touch, Clara," Hayden warned, shooting lasers with his eyes. "If anything happens to her and our kid, I will never forgive you."

My mother-in-law and Josephine were sobbing as she pleaded Floyd to stop. He only sat there, not even looking at them once. Abbas tried to convince him, but no one could alter his mind. I officially knew why he was named as the coldest ruler for Nascadia. Even with his family, he treated them like dirt.

"All you do is torture the people closest to you," I fired at him.

Everyone silenced down, and I felt their eyes on me. My stomach was in knots, but I tried to remain calm. Facing Floyd was a huge challenge. It was like I was against a deadly monster who could murder me in seconds except I had to push against him. I had enough of being helpless, especially when the person I love the most was in danger.

"Besides torture, what else do you know about loving someone? You only put your anger onto other people and had never once thought about their place. If you valued Alyona more, then you would understand how it feels to truly love someone," I added.

"What are you saying?" Floyd questioned angrily.

"You and Alyona started with an arranged marriage. Many people saw both of you as the perfect couple, but no one knows that the marriage was only a business to you. You had no love, not even any care towards your wife. You would never understand how much it hurts to not be with someone you love."

"Don't think that saying all of this nonsense would make me not punish you."

"Punish me for what?" I almost wanted to laugh at him, the growing tears watering in my eyes. "Punish me for speaking the truth? You were the one who failed to give your wife a proper relationship. Do you even know much Hayden and I've been through? How much Ivor and Rosie been through? All you think about is how the relationship will work for the two countries, but you never once thought about your family."