Chapter 119

Clara

I heard my phone vibrated on the nightstand repetitively. I slowly opened my eyes then carefully reached over so that I didn't wake Hayden. He had his arm draped over my waist but tightly locked in. His hot breaths fanned over my neck.

I saw multiple texts from Rosie to remind me about the combing tradition. I replied back that I would never forget then smiled at how nervous she was. She told me that she wouldn't want another person to do the task, and I realized how fortunate I was to pass on my wishes to her marriage.

I locked my phone, and the screen glowed up again, revealing the wallpaper I had for the lock screen. It had always been a photo of Hayden and me, and I switched it around to remember our different memories. The current image was me looking at the camera, and he had his eyes shut, kissing my temple. My home screen was a fully family photo. Both pictures reminded me what was important.

My family.

My husband.

"Shit," Hayden groaned as he rolled to his back. I turned to face him, tucking my hand under my cheek. I tapped his nose with my finger. "I think I have a hangover."

"You and hangover are never connected. You drink alcohol more than I can drink water," I teased him.

He tickled my waist, and I shrieked, laughing for him to stop. He turned me to my back, marking my skin with his kisses. He furrowed his brows when I pushed him back. I had a little excited smile on my lips.

"What?" He questioned.

"Do you think maybe we should try for a little daughter?" I told him, looking at our slightly incomplete family photo. "It feels a little empty without a princess."

He quieted down, and I waited for him to respond. He always hoped for a little daughter in our family. Since it was nearly six month that I had Damien, I was thinking to try for another baby. I would wait for Damien to be a toddler first, but I didn't mind having them closer in age.

"I thought you always wanted one," I asked him after his longing silence. I thought back to what he said about having kids. He never really liked them, but we still had two since he truly love me. He sacrificed a lot, and it felt like I asked him for too much already.

A small smile broke out from his lips, surprising me instantly. He turned his head to look at me, his hand dangerously dropping down to my waist. "You were the one who said you had enough of pregnancies." He quirked his brow. "Can't get enough of me knocking you up?"

"That's not true," I whined, swatting his chest lightly at the embarrassment. I turned to my back, avoiding his gaze, but he came on top of me, the slight mischief in his eyes.

"Baby fever?" He questioned, sliding his hand down to my stomach. I bit at my bottom lip from his hot touch.

"You were the one who told me that you want a daughter," I argued, pushing his hand away from me. "That's fine with me if you don't want one."

I huffed, turning my head to one side. Hayden then pressed his lips to my neck, finding my sensitive spot as he sucked needily. I licked my lips, not wanting to make a sound.

"I want three daughters," he said, instantly shocking me.

"Three?" I widened my eyes and rested back on my forearms, drawing our boundary closer together as I stared at him. "I'm not giving birth that many times for you to have three daughters. I'm going to rip apart."

He laughed. I let out an offended scoff at how he took my reaction for his pleasure, but to see him in joy, a smile rounded on my lips too.

"Not three," I told him, fumbling with the collar of his shirt as I laid back down. "Maybe two, but I want one to complete our family. I think a little girl would be the cutest thing ever. I can imagine how much you would spoil her to death."