Chapter 35

Clara

We arrived at the airport early next morning to travel to Verdeniao. Hayden had locked himself in the office for the day without having any meals with me. I guessed I should be relieved that he didn't went drinking.

I went to bring him dinner and tried to make a conversation, but he ignored me, his cold eyes staring dead at my soul. He turned to a completely different person, someone who I could no longer recognize anymore.

He was not my Hayden that I fell in love with.

Ivor and I spoke over on the phone. He told me about everything when Hayden was drinking late at night in Agosdale Palace. At least, Ivor could look after him, and he managed to tell Hayden to stop the drinking.

A driver got down from the limousine, opening the door for Hayden and me. When I saw a hand reached out in my eyes, I instantly looked up. Disappointment flooded through me once I saw that it was the driver. Meanwhile, Hayden was already walking out to the private jet that was located on the other side.

I dipped my head down, knowing that he didn't care about any rumours that the public can cause. We didn't even went to see his parents when we left, and I knew that he didn't want to deal with them. Ivor kept our secret, but our broken marriage would be revealed soon in front of everyone. When it will happen, the citizens would only lose their trust in Hayden for his capabilities.

"King Hayden, Queen Clara," the pilot offered his hand as I shook it. "It's an honoured to have both you on board today. We will be arriving in Eryross within three hours."

"King Hayden, Queen Clara, it's my honour to assist both of you today for this flight," the flight attendant smiled, having her eyes over at Hayden.

The pilot seemed to be a young man in his early thirties, and I saw the shiny name tag on his uniform that said Darren. He was several inches shorter than Hayden, but he appeared more approachable with the soft smile.

My attention trailed over to the blonde haired woman who had bright blue eyes like mine. Her blue outfit fitted over her body to display the body curves. She stood in her low inch heels, making her taller than me, a perfect height to match Hayden. I was starting to grow envious of her beautiful features, especially the natural beauty.

Hayden didn't answer them, only responding with a small nod before he went inside. I followed behind him like an obedient child, and I had the short opportunity to take in the expensive design of the plane.

The ground was covered with a dark grey carpet that stretched to the entire length of the plane. As soon as we entered, two seats were situation on both window sides, and a table was in between. Further down was a couch across from the television. I could spot another room at the end of the aisle, which I assumed was the bedroom.

We went to take our seats across from each other. I clicked in my seat beat, keeping my head down to stare at my fingers. I had travelled a few times with parents to visit my relatives, but it was the first to be on an expensive plane. I would be excited if I could share it Hayden except he was completely ignoring me, and I didn't think we could properly speak again anytime soon.

"King Hayden, it's a pleasure to meet you," a sudden voice snapped my thoughts. I slowly turned my head over to see another flight attendant standing there. "My name is Tianna, and I'm with Geneve today to help assist you."

She had brunette hair with a shade darker than mine. Her brown eyes sent a teasing gaze to Hayden as a provocative smile curved on her lips. Her busty nature was instantly showed through the white blouse that barely held her breast. Not to mention, she purposely left two buttons to reveal a small cleavage.