Chapter 77

Hayden

I was working in my office, reviewing the files until my phone started vibrating on my desk. I answered it instantly once I saw it was Ivor's name on the screen.

"What?" I questioned dully.

"Zykov had his men took Abbas' parents to his hotel suite," Ivor told me, and the sound of his car engine rang through the phone. "My men reported to me that King Valdemar invited father to meet and distract father from the business."

"Zykov is clearly trying to lead Abbas out," I gritted my teeth, rolling my fingers into a fist. His father was using dirty tricks again, and he had to drag innocent people into this mess. "Text me the hotel address. Get father out from King Valdemar."

I tucked my phone in my pocket and grabbed my car keys. Just as I walked out, Clara pulled me back when she came out of the kitchen. Her blue eyes flooded with concern as she stared over at my expression.

"What's going on?" She asked. "Did you find Josephine?"

"Zykov is trying to get information out of Abbas' parents," I answered, annoyance raising in my blood as I figured how he would do it. "Zykov is fucking insane. He would murder them if he gets no answers and punish them for what Abbas did."

"I'm coming with you then."

She wanted to leave, but I grabbed her arm, pulling her straight back to me. "You're staying home," I ordered clearly. "It's not fucking good for you to be there if a fight broke out. Do you still remember that you're pregnant?"

"But—"

"The only thing I fucking care about is you, Clara," I interrupted before she could argue with me. "I don't want anything to happen to you. If they ever hurt you, I don't think I could control myself from killing anyone."

Clara nodded as she bit her lower lip. Her hand covered over my cheek. Her voice fell into a soft and quiet tone. "Promise me to be safe."

I answered back with a nod, angling my face to the side to kiss her palm. I turned around and went straight out of the doors with my guards following behind me. I sped through the streets, passing through all the lights until I reached the entrance of the grand hotel. The bellboy opened the door and did a low curtsy. Thomas reported back to me where Zykov stayed after he asked the receptionist. We took the elevator up to the presidential suite.

I uncuffed my sleeves, rolling them upwards to my elbows as I stared up at the red numbers that were increasing one by one. The elevator door slid open, and I tucked my hands in my pockets, walking to the doors where the black suited men guarded. They had their arms out, blocking me from moving further. I snapped my eyes at them, but they made no move.

"Apologies, King Hayden," one of the men said. "Prince Zykov has his orders. We cannot allow you inside unless Prince Zykov permits."

I shoved past them, and my men held them back, allowing me to push through the doors. The doors slammed against the walls inside, and I stepped in to see two people knelt in front of Zykov. It was a man and woman, who I assumed were Abbas' parents.

"What are you doing here?" Zykov asked, his eyes raging with anger as he stood up. I glanced over at the two people then looked around, taking a seat on an arm chair.

I crossed my leg over the other and stared down at my hand, twisting the wedding band on my finger. My eyes slowly crept back up to Zykov who was more pissed than I was. It was as if he was going to burst in flames because I interrupted his sweet plan. I raised my brows, calming my cool before I spoke.

"I should ask you the same question," I said coldly. "Who said you have any fucking rights to take my citizens away from me? You think you're in Tuscea?"