Chapter 123

Clara

The day of a wedding reminded me of chaos despite the preparation. As the main characters, Rosie and Ivor were occupied with getting dressed and pampered for their special occasion. It was the occasion that marked a once-in-a-lifetime event.

I was helping my mother-in-law with last minute details, finalizing any missing items. The backyard at Bruchester Palace was cleared out, filled with round tables that were covered with white tablecloth. Nearly a hundred of tables to seat the guests for tonight.

I wore a sage green high neck dress, paired with nude platform heels. I adjusted the piece as I stood in the mirror. After curling my hair in loose waves, I finished my makeup then headed out to get Damien dressed for the occasion.

He was in a grey stripped dress shirt that came with a small red bowtie on his neck. I removed the piece since he whined about it. I slipped on his suspenders strand over his shoulders, and he played with them curiously.

"Wow," I beamed and smiled. "My son is so handsome. Exactly like Daddy."

Damien stretched his arms out, and I carried him in my arms as he sat on the side of my ribcage. We went to see Xander who ran out of his room after he changed. He was dressed in a white button up with a navy blue blazer on the outside and black dress pants for the bottom.

"Hi, Mummy," Xander embraced my waist, tilting his head to look at me. I admired how handsome he looked in his little outfit. He was being a flower boy again and was excited to help his uncle and future aunt-in-law.

"You're so handsome. Look at your hair," I was about to touch it, but he instantly pulled away and shook his head.

"Don't touch," he told me, having his hands over them slightly as protection. "Daddy did this for me. He put in a lot of work."

"Daddy did this for you?" I questioned, surprised at how Hayden would turn into a hair stylist for our son. It seemed out of his nature to do anything beauty related.

He nodded but then pouted. "Daddy almost sprayed the hairspray in my eyes. He forgot to tell me to close my eyes until later."

I tried not to laugh too hard even if I should sympathize my son. It was a disaster for Hayden to prepare for any occasion, especially when he had the impatient nature.

We walked downstairs, and my eyes instantly landed over to Hayden who was standing by the window in the living room. He had his phone to his ear. His hand tucked in his pocket. He stood there in a full on tailored suit, only the schemes of black and white.

My eyes traced over the way the suit jacket fitted over his shoulders. Underneath was a white dress shirt, and it tightened over his muscled chest. His dress pants fitted over his long legs and paired with the shiny black Oxford dress shoes. The clothes outlined the perfect spots of his figure.

"I want all the guards to keep the castle protected," he commanded, his voice stern. "If anything slips out, I would have all of you fired."

He ended the call then turned around to face me. We matched gaze, and he stood there, raking his eyes down my body. He licked his lips hotly, an action that made me weak in the knees. The heat was rising to my cheeks as he stepped closer to me.

"So fucking beautiful," He whispered, only for us to hear as he gasped my chin. I shook my head quietly before he pressed his lips to mine, stealing a warm kiss.

When he pulled back, I quickly helped him straighten his bowtie before we went out to leave. The limousine waited for us at the entrance, and we climbed inside as the driver drove away. I seated Xander and Damien beside me. They were intrigued with the view out at the window.