Chapter 133

*Warning: This chapter contains 18+ scenes.

Clara

One year later.

"I'm coming to get you," I chased after Damien who was running as fast as he could. He was screaming with joy and looking back every now and then.

I wrapped my arms around him, and he was laughing as he tried to escape from me, but he turned around to embrace me instead. I interlaced hands with him, walking on the grass barefooted. The heat of the sun warmed our skin. It was getting hotter in the summer this year after a cold crisp winter.

"Put your sandals first before we head inside," I said, watching Damien slipped his feet in them.

"Mummy, I wanna eat apples," Damien requested as he skipped his way onto the front porch. He dried his feet on the mat before we went to the guest bathroom to wash our feet.

"Mummy already cut the apples for you," I wiped his face with the face cloth. Damien was using the water to style his hair. I hid back my laugh, noticing how he was trying to be like his dad.

We went to kitchen together to grab the snacks that I made. He climbed onto the bar stool, swinging his legs back and forth while waiting for me. I served the apples onto his plate then heard the loud footsteps sound.

"Mummy, I'm home," Xander called out. He dashed straight to me, wrapping his arms around my legs tightly. I stroked his face, bending down to kiss him on the lips.

"Welcome home," I beamed, running my fingers through his strands. His forehead was damped in sweat from his gym time. "How was your last day?"

"Good. I made another drawing for you."

I knelt down to see him take out a drawing. It was different types of flowers that I love, and I was amazed at how talented Xander was getting. We went to the art room, sticking his drawing onto the wall along with the other pieces he did.

"Perfect," I carried him in my arms after he hanged it up. "It's so beautiful. Why don't you draw something for Auntie Rosie? She's having a baby soon, and Mummy thinks it would be a great gift for her and your cousin."

Xander nodded happily. I set him down as he went to the kitchen to have his snack. I cleared out his backpack since the summer break was coming. I looked at all the newsletters and signed all the necessary items.

Xander was entering second grade soon. I remembered when he found it hard to adapt to school, but he obviously loved being around people and his teacher. I was proud that he was getting fair treatment like other children, not having privileges because he was a prince.

Damien and Xander went out the living room to watch television. I was preparing the ingredients for dinner. A pair of warm arms slipped around my waist, and I recognized the scent that arose from his body.

"You're lucky that I didn't scream for help," I teased, washing the carrots underneath the tap.

Hayden scoffed and pressed a hard kiss to my neck. "You're lucky that I didn't scream for help. I rarely let anyone touch me."

I turned around, standing on my toes to kiss him as my arms winded around his neck. He looked so handsome with his new haircut, the strands shorter to reveal his full sculpted face. I didn't think age could even change him. It was like he looked younger than before.

"How was your trip?" I asked, tucking hair behind my ear.

He reached something out of his pocket, and I saw a bracelet dangled in front of me. My eyes focused on the shiny silver accessory that had engravings on it. It had our wedding date.