Chapter 76

Hayden

"Alone? Josephine Winston is a fucking whore."

Zykov's word rang in my ears, and the blood was boiling inside of me. I was on the fucking verge to punch him in the face. He dared to accuse Jo for someone she was not, speaking with confidence as if he was right. He was underestimating my limit for him.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I cussed, my eyes raging with anger as I stepped to him. He didn't fear me and stood right up. He sharpened his eyes at me before he spoke again.

"I said that your sister is a whore," he pointed at my chest.

I immediately shoved him back down to the couch. Ivor and Clara were trying to pull me away from Zykov, but the anger was growing to the point I wanted to kill him. I had enough of his entire family. They were nothing but feeders who tried to link with us for their name.

Fucking pathetic.

"Go ahead," he challenged. "Punch me, and I will send this scene to the press. Your family will come down with you, and I will let them know that your sister ran away with another man."

"Don't fall for his trap, Hayden," Ivor whispered to me, his hand squeezing my shoulder as a reminder. I gritted my teeth and walked back until the distance was far between us.

Clara had the relieved expression on her face. She held my hand in hers, rubbing her thumb over my knuckles to calm me down as my father took over the discussion.

"What are you trying to indicate, Prince Zykov?" My father asked. "Where did you get the information from?"

Zykov scoffed, shaking his head. "My men found out that your daughter had a previous relationship with a man named Abbas Faez. He's the CEO of the Faez Enterprise, a financial company that is building in Nascadia. Both of them are now gone. I don't think I need to tell you what's going on at the moment."

Silence filled the room. The suspicion lied on Abbas, and I suspected that he found more about Zykov after I gave him the mail. God, they had to be fucking gone or else Zykov would murder him once they were found.

"Josephine already told me that Abbas and her are done," my mother clarified. "She's not involved with him anymore."

"I think there must be some misunderstanding," My father added. "My father made it clear that Josephine will only be matched with a prince. Abbas and her are only friends, and it's the only relationship they will have."

"Of course you will help her," King Valdemar spat angrily. "She's your daughter. You would do everything to defend her reputation. It's my son who is getting embarrassed right now. How are you going to pay the damage?"

"I promise I will give you justice for this," my father instantly promised. "I will find Josephine, and we will make a press conference about any misunderstandings."

"What makes you think I can still trust your words?"

"You have my word. Give me a week to figure out everything."

"And if you fail?"

My father silenced down, the flash of hesitation in his eyes. I knew he was debating on a deal for Valdemar. It was a risk he was willing to take.

"If I fail, then I'll take the blame for the news. I will tell the citizens and let them know that I was the one who gave the news to the press. I'm putting my reputation on the table," my father stated.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I snapped at him.

He glared over at me, pinning me down to silence. It was fucking ridiculous for my father to take the fault for a bastard like Valdemar. I rather kept them as enemies than to hold on to an allied marriage.