Chapter 140

Clara

I stared at the pregnancy test for an entire minute until the little display screen showed the result. Tears brimmed my eyes, and a smiled curved on my lips when I saw the good news. It said that I was already five weeks along, exactly like the last time when I was pregnant with the third.

I kept my hand to my stomach, looking down at my future son or daughter. I promised to be the protective mother that I didn't get a chance to be last time. No matter what I would do, it would come to see Hayden and me.

I wiped the tears from my face and unlocked the door. Hayden stood up, his face showing signs of impatience as he waited for me to speak. I pretended not to look extremely happy with the news, and disappointment filled his face once he noticed my expression.

I broke into a smile again and hugged him as tight as I could. "We're going to be parents again." I was nearly jumping up and down.

As soon as I pulled back, I gave Hayden the pregnancy stick. He stared at it for a bit then his lips curled into a smile. He was looking at the little screen, his eyes lightening up to the news. Happiness spread across his face, and it warmed my heart to see him full of fatherly love again for our next child.

"Are you happy?" I dipped my head down to look at him, having my hands behind me.

"Don't you fucking dare to do anything dangerous again," Hayden scolded. He had a warning gaze that made me giggle.

"Promise. I'm going to protect our baby with my entire life."

I stood close to him when he cupped the back of my head. The heat radiated from his body, surrounding me with a sense of security as I wrapped my arms around his shoulder blades. Even from his gestures, I could feel how long he waited for us to have another baby again.

I didn't know if the emotions were piling onto me already, but to think about how much he suffered from our lost had my lungs clenching. He blamed himself for not being good enough. He had never let me saw him in misery because he didn't want to terrify me. His eyes finally revealed a different kind of happiness as soon as I told him about my pregnancy.

"We can't tell anyone yet," I told him. "It's Ivor and Rosie's special day."

"We're not going to the party. It's too dangerous," Hayden said, pulling his phone out of his pocket as he wanted to call, but I stopped him.

"Hayden, I'm only five weeks. It's nothing to be worried about," I sighed, wanting to laugh at his concern. It's going to be my fourth pregnancy, and he still acted like we were having our first ever child in many years.

"If you fucking think I will let you free again, then you can forget it," he stated.

I silenced down and brought his hand to my stomach. We had our little one inside of me, and I could never forget all the things he did for me. It would always be out of concern, deep down from his heart.

"I know you're concerned, but we need to relax a little bit. It's good for the both of us and our baby," I said softly.

He let out a deep breath, clenching onto the fabric of my dress. I knew that he wouldn't give into any leniency because to him, he would do whatever he could to protect our family.

* * *

At the gender reveal party, we were waiting for Rosie and Ivor to reveal what their first child would be. The maids bought out a giant box, and Rosie and Ivor both were ready to open it. Hayden and I stood at the front with our boys.

Ivor cut the box open, and blue balloons floated into the air. I smiled widely as I heard the loud crowd cheered. Xander and Damien ran to Rosie, and she embraced them tightly. Hayden and I went to congratulate Rosie and Ivor for their little prince coming on the way.