Chapter 114

Clara

Staying with my parents-in-law had pros and cons, but two months easily passed without any issues. Hayden hated the reduced privacy since my mother-in-law kept a close eye on him, but we did spend more time with each other because Damien and Xander were often taken care of by his parents.

I went to check on Xander after finishing a phone call with one of the organizations. When I opened the door, he was sitting on his bed, his hair in a mess from his nap. He had his car plushie in his arms.

"Mummy," Xander called and stretched his arms out.

I carried him in my arms, sitting him on the side of my ribcage as I pulled his pyjama shirt down. We went to the nursery room where Damien was already wailing for me. I stood beside the crib, and Xander waved at his little brother.

"Hi, Damien," Xander said adorably.

I smiled then placed him down on the ground. I took Damien, helping him change his diaper first before I put him in new clothes. It was hooded body suit that Josephine and Abbas gave, purchased from one of the best children boutique in Nascadia.

"Ah," Damien screamed and tried to pull my dress collar down.

"What are you doing?" I laughed, fixing the collar carefully. "It's not time to have food yet."

I held out my hand for Xander to slip in his. We went downstairs to have an afternoon snack. I thanked Charlotte for the tea, and she placed down the fruits. Xander sat down beside me, stabbing a piece of apple. I wiped his hand with a baby wipe before allowing him to eat.

"Mummy, I want to play football with Daddy," Xander requested.

"Not today, baby. Mummy is taking Damien and you out to see Auntie Rosie. We're going to buy some dresses for the engagement party. Daddy and Uncle Ivor has business to finish," I explained to him.

Xander nodded, and we quickly finished the snack before we went upstairs. I helped him change into a white button up with beige suspenders. He slipped on his white sneakers. When we went downstairs again, Hayden was done with his first set of meetings. The parliament members sent me a nod, and I smiled back at them.

"Daddy," Xander dashed right to Hayden.

Hayden lifted him off the ground, and I leaned over to kiss Hayden on the cheek. We walked out to the garage, and Hayden placed Xander into the car seat before putting the other car seat on the opposite side. I sat at the back with Damien in my arms. He kept trying to eat my dress, and I pulled the fabric out of his mouth, causing him to whine.

"I was thinking you should babysit them," I teased Hayden, and he rolled his eyes, which I caught in the rear mirror.

"I would fucking explode," he muttered.

"Babe, no swear words, remember?"

I was thinking for Hayden to have private time with the boys, but he was occupied with work. It would be a great bonding experience for time, and Hayden barely had time with Damien. He changed diapers several times, but he was still learning how to bathe our youngest.

The car came to a stop. Hayden opened the door and set up the stroller before placing the car seat on top. Xander climbed out, wearing his little backpack. He waited on the sidewalk, holding the handle as he jumped up and down. I placed Damien into the car seat then kissed Hayden on the lips.

"Drive safe," I whispered.

He nodded then drove away. Xander helped me push the stroller as we walked down several blocks to the boutique. We pushed the door open, and the wind chime sounds rang in the room. I was instantly greeted by the staff members with a low curtsy. I smiled at them, leaving the stroller at the side.