Chapter 141

Clara

I stroked my stomach, walking to the newly decorated nursery room. I stopped at my steps when I saw Hayden busy inside. His black tie was draped over the wooden chair. His white sleeves rolled to his elbows as he hammered the wood for the crib.

Tools were scattered over the ground, and some furniture pieces were unattached. The room was still disorganized, but my eyes landed on the perfectly painted walls that were in a beige colour. Hayden made it gender neutral for both of our twins.

The hardwood floor creaked when I stepped inside. Hayden immediately raised his head to look at me, his expression stone cold.

"Clara," he gritted his teeth, standing up and walking over to me. "I told you not to come in here." He guided me to an armchair and forced me to sit down.

"I'm okay," I smiled, interlacing his hand as I pressed a kiss to the back of his hand. "I want to see how the nursery room is coming."

"Do you know how fucking dangerous it is in here? There are tools and nails."

"You're so bossy, Mr. Winston," I teased, peering my eyes up at him. He grasped my chin and bent down to kiss me.

"Don't you dare to move," he muttered when he pulled away.

I watched him return to his task. He knelt on the ground, his hazel eyes focusing on the crib. He licked his lips, making the sight of him more attractive. My teeth sunk down to my bottom lip as I stared over at his side profile. I traced my eyes over the cut of his jawline then to the rest of his face.

"If you keep looking at me, I'm taking you back to the bedroom to fuck," he warned, his voice raspy and low, making me weak in the knees.

"Don't say that," I scolded. "They can hear you."

"As if they can."

When he was done, I admired the crib that he built with his own hands. My heart swelled at the effort he was putting in for our children. Their room was coming into a completion soon, and each part was done by him. Once our twins were born, I hoped they see how their father loved them so much.

Hayden and I sat down on the floor as we looked at the clothes that I ordered online for the twins. Xander was playing with Damien beside us, and I smiled at them, excited to have two new additions to our family soon.

"Mother bought so many cute overalls for our little boy," I stated, organizing it into a pile as I moved onto the shorts. My mother-in-law kept sending in clothes for the twins, but she had more clothes for her grandson.

"He's not even born yet, and she already bought overalls that are for toddlers," Hayden snorted.

I rolled my eyes at his remark. Ever since the news of us having twins was out, our relatives would give us presents, especially for our twin boy. Hayden didn't favour the bias, and he eventually ordered boxes of clothes and other items for our daughter.

"You bought dresses for our princess, and she's not even five yet," I pointed out, and a proud small smile grew on his lips. I could barely hold back my smile. The double standard was becoming more evident.

Damien walked over to us, and he went over to my pile, sitting on top of the clothes. I gasped and carried him into the air. Our noses brushed together as he laughed.

"You're a such a troublesome baby," I commented playfully. "Just like your dad."

"What?" Hayden instantly snapped at me.

"I'm just stating the truth."

"No, Mummy," Damien shook his head. "I'm not like Daddy."

Damien and Hayden didn't want to be associated with each other, but they were duplicates in appearance and personality. It was hard to say that they were not father and son. I always thought about having a little Hayden though, and Damien came just in time for my dream.