Chapter 57

Hayden

I stared at the mirror with dead eyes as I looped my black tie around my neck. My navy blue suit vest fitted over my white dress shirt, and I took my suit jacket from the bed, heading outside of the room.

My fingers clenched into a fist when I remembered Maurice did. It must be Arnaldo who told his brother to fucking bother Clara and Xander. He was out of his mind to think I would let this slip. He was going to fucking pay for his disrespects to Clara, and I would grant his death wish today at his coronation.

Maurice had the audacity to head to Tarrin and threatened my wife. He thought I was fucking stupid after what Maisie had done to me. Both of them were fucking psychos who stalked me to find Clara.

Fucking creeps.

My family and I arrived at Ruzzo Abbey. The guards were still present, and the guests were arriving into the palace. My hard steps hit against the ground as I searched for both brothers, but none of them were found.

I took a glass of champagne from the waitress and chucked it in one drink, letting the alcohol intoxicate my brain. It burned against my throat as my eyes glared at Arnaldo once he finally appeared. He was dressed in his new expensive suit, his smug smile wearing across his lips.

People were heading up to him, celebrating with him for his new title. My fingers clenched around the glass, and I slammed it down to the table. I gritted my teeth then went over to him, my fist fully preparing for a good punch on his face.

I pushed through the crowd, but Ivor instantly pulled me back before I could even reach him. I tried to fight my brother off of me. He dragged me by the collar of my jacket and brought me to the quiet hallway where my father was. My entire family knew about what Maurice did to Clara after I told them.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I snarled at Ivor and shoved him away. "I need to fucking kill Arnaldo."

"Enough, Hayden," my father raised his voice in a whisper. "Do you know what are you doing? This is Arnaldo's coronation. He knows that you would be impulsive when it comes to Clara and Xander. That's his plan. When you fall into his trap, everyone will have their eyes on you for ruining his day and accusing him. That's enough for your reputation."

My palm collided with the wall as I cussed loudly. I kicked and punched the surface, the twist of pain against my bones. Arnaldo had to be fucking finished, but my father was right. It could be a dirty trick from his sleeves, and I had to swallow it down. I closed my eyes, letting out a heavy breath and putting my hands on my hips.

"Father is right, Hayden," Ivor agreed. "It isn't the time to be reckless."

"Hayden," my father's hand went over my shoulder. "I understand your concern for Clara and Xander. We will have them back with us after this."

My fingers tightened, and I snapped my eyes over at Arnaldo. He was laughing as if he had done nothing wrong. His disgusting face made me want to spit. He was an insecure man who only threatened me with my weakness because he didn't had a single thing that I did. I would have finished him if he was in Nascadia.

The coronation began, and I seated beside Ivor at the front. Bertha and Priscilla was on the other side. Maurice arrived just in time, and I glared my eyes at him, but he didn't choose to look at me. He only had a dark grin on his lips, staring at the front.

My eyes shot wide open when Queen Gianna came through the other door. It was only three years, but her hair turned whiter than I last saw her time. Heavy bags were underneath her eyes, and she walked, hunching her back. A maid helped stabilized her steps, but it was clear Queen Gianna was weak, as if she wanted to fall any moment.