Chapter 52

Hayden

"You say that you love me, but do you know how much pain you've put me through? You were the one punishing me, Hayden. You were the one destroying every last bit of love that I had for you. If I knew that I would end up like this, then I wish we never gotten married. I wish that I was never that stupid to fall in love with you."

"Fuck!" I shouted, shoving everything off my desk, the loud sounds of glass breaking and metal clattering filling my entire office.

I kicked my office chair harshly then paced back and forth around the room. I was fucking pissed, more annoyed with myself at how it went with Clara. The coldness behind her voice was killing me. It became a huge contrast to how she used to speak with me.

It was as if I destroyed the Clara that fell in love with me.

I seated on the couch, resting my head in my hands. I had enough of the bullshit. If I was a normal person, it was probably better than to be trapped inside this damn family. I would be happier with Clara if we were two people who had no burden on us.

"Come in," I muttered when I heard a knock on the door.

The door squeaked open, and I raised my head to see Thomas. He stared around the office for a moment. He didn't ask what happened. He always knew his place and minded his own business since I hired him.

"King Hayden," he began. "I already have two men in Tarrin to protect Queen Clara. She will be safe, and I told them to not disturb her unless something happened to her."

I didn't answer back and saw a file that he handed towards me. I furrowed my brows, staring at the folder filled with papers.

"With your request, I also found everything that happened to Queen Clara after she arrived at Tarrin. I didn't let any of the news leave. It will be confidential," he finished.

I did a dull nod, and he left the room, closing the door behind. I took the file from the coffee table, opening it to see photos of Clara. Her lips curved into a smile in some of the pictures, and it was the smile that disappeared ages ago in my eyes. She didn't have the same expression when it came to me.

I flipped through the pictures and stopped instantly as soon as I saw her holding a baby. I recognized the kid. The baby was the same one I saw with the elderly woman. I didn't think Clara had anything to do with the kid since the woman was carrying him, but underneath the photos was a pregnancy test result from the doctor in Tarrin.

"Test results show that Clara is three months pregnant. She has signs of prepartum depression but is adjusting to the town life slowly. She will return next month for her checkup and to see the gender of her baby."

"Clara is now in stable health. After the ultrasound, she is expecting a baby boy in five months. She will continue to visit every month to continue her checkup."

What the fuck?

My eyes scanned over at the date of the reports. I flipped through the rest of the papers and found a copy of the birth certificate from Tarrin.

Xander Ansel Moreau.

Born: January 18 2022.

Mother: Clara Bridget Moreau.

Father: Unknown.

A shaky breath released from my lips. Matching back to the timeline, I bit my tongue once the realization hit me in the face.

The kid.

It's my fucking kid.

Back in the palace, she had a time where she was acting fucking strange. She wore loose clothes and talked about kids. All of that was because she knew she was pregnant, but she didn't say a word to me.