Chapter 148

Clara

I was outside playing with the kids when I heard the loud sounds of rolling engine. It caught all of our attention, and I furrowed my brow as the car went into our garage. I kept the ball in my hands, carrying Bri in my arms. The three children chased after the car while I followed behind them.

"Oh my God," I whispered, widening my eyes at another new vehicle.

"Mummy, we have a new car," Xander exclaimed, releasing my hand and dashing over to the Lamborghini.

I was having a headache as soon as I saw another expensive vehicle in our garage. Hayden always had an interest for cars, but I could never understand why he needed thirty cars when he usually drove one or two. Not to mention, I couldn't drive. He had a collection of vehicles that was crazy for one person.

The car door slid open. Stopping at my steps, I trailed my eyes up from the long limbs to the partly covered face. Hayden stepped out, his sunglasses over his eyes. His full black outfit matched the car colour. His black dress shirt, tucked in his pants, was loose enough to reveal a glimpse of his chest. Something about Hayden in dark clothes was a different set of match.

Hayden caught me by surprise, kissing my lips as he had an arm around my waist. I stood there, completely still. I was still trying to process everything.

"Hayden," I sighed, staring at the car behind him. Our children were already distracted by it, climbing inside and pretending to drive. "What is this car for? We don't need that many."

"It was a good deal," he muttered. "Newest model."

I instantly raised my head, looking at him totally done. "I can't drive. I don't know why we have so many cars at home. You know that."

I knew that Hayden had his licence since he was sixteen. He drove for a while now, and I grimaced at the privileges he had. I just finished my university degree, which seemed like an accomplishment until I realized I had more to learn compared to him.

He took Bri in his arms, and we went back inside with the kids. I gave them their snacks, settling them down to watch television in the living room. I was upstairs, helping Hayden place his clothes away as he undressed.

"Babe," I called, turning around to face him. "Now that I'm done my degree, I want to learn how to drive. Can you teach me?"

"Why do you need to learn how to drive?" He asked me like he didn't think it was necessary.

"Because I already don't know how to swim. You're teaching me, but it's going to take some time. I want to learn how to drive too. I don't want to always rely on Bernard or you. What if both of you are away?"

He sat down on the ottoman, his hazel eyes darkening at me. I kept my hands behind me and kept my expression neutral but add an extra pout. He went entirely silent, sighing when he saw my face.

"Pass your written test first," he commented.

I cheered in victory and rushed over to kiss him on the lips. "Thank you."

His lips formed a slight grin. Even if Hayden seemed unwilling, he would give in to whatever made me happy. It was also because he wanted me to gain all the skills to be independent.

* * *

Hayden and I rested against the couch as we watched television. I focused on the screen until I suddenly felt his hand over on my stomach. I stared down at the gesture and looked over at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, blinking my eyes.

"It's been two months," he replied. I turned more confused with his statement, and he furrowed his brows, almost like he was waiting for something to come.