Chapter 117

Hayden

I screwed my eyes tight together when I felt the fucking heat over my eyelids. It was almost practically burning my skin. I opened my eyes, staring at the window where the radiation came from then dropping my gaze to the backside of Clara.

Her brown hair splayed out over my pillow. Her naked body covered by the duvet. I lifted my head, taking a glance at her face before leaving a kiss on her cheek. I rolled onto my back and looked over at the clock. It was so fucking early, and the sun was acting like a spoiled child trying to ruin my damn sleep.

I went through my phone to check for important messages and emails. I replied to most of them before tossing my phone back to the nightstand. Clara rolled over to the other side, her lips slightly pursing. I pulled her to my chest, my hands clasping on the side of her arm as I kissed her forehead.

Her body felt so fucking warm against mine, bare to bare without any boundary between us. I fucking loved how smooth her skin felt when I held her. She fitted with me as if she was the missing piece to my picture.

She let out a little whine then raised her head, her eyes half hooded. She rubbed them then kept her head down into the crook of my neck.

"What time is it?" She asked softly. Her morning voice was so fucking pretty, gentle as a damn angel from heaven.

"Early," I muttered, resting my chin on top of her head. "Sleep in."

"I have to feed Damien. He's going to be awake soon."

"He can have the bottle. He's nearly six months."

"He hates the bottle."

"He can have the bottle or no food," I threatened. "Stay in bed."

I tossed the cover aside and convinced Clara to sleep in. I retrieved my clothes from the ground, quickly wearing them before I brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom afterwards to check on Damien. He whined the moment I stepped in, and I took him out of his crib, changing his diaper instantly.

He was still giving me a fucking attitude, and I had to rush to give him the milk bottle. I held it to his lips, but he was unwilling to take it in. Some of the milk leaked from his lips, and I groaned, rolling my eyes at his bullshit. He hated the damn bottle because he gave me bullshit about it.

I never once saw Clara had any issues.

"Let me take care of it," Clara suddenly spoke.

I raised my head, and she was smiling as she came over to me. She took Damien, and I let her sat down on the armchair. She tipped the bottle for him, and he was holding it, perfectly surrendering his will to his mum.

His fucking bias.

"Next time, I'm feeding him powder," I gritted my teeth.

Clara laughed, shaking her head as she watched Damien finished. She handed me the bottle, then we went downstairs to the kitchen. I sat on the stool with my phone in my hand. I snapped a photo of Clara holding Damien. As soon as I saw the image, my lips twitched, and I saved it to the photo album.

"Say Mama," Clara encouraged Damien, mouthing each word carefully. "Ma-ma."

"He's not even old enough to walk, Clara," I reminded.

"We have to get him to listen to us more. He will catch on once we teach him several times."

Clara pulled the highchair over and placed it next to me. She sat Damien down, but he was crying as soon as he touched the seat. Clara lifted him back up in her arms then stared at him briefly. He had a huge smile on his face when he saw his mum, holding onto her nightgown.