Chapter 86

Hayden

"We're currently trying to open more opportunities for employment for women," one of the female parliament members, Vivian, said, her pen clipping between her fingers. "If we can give them more positions in the science field, it would help them bring in more accomplishments."

"I agree. I think at the moment, the science field is lacking women researchers and scientists. It is dominantly occupied by men," one of the men supported.

I twirled the pen around my fingers, reading through the proposal. They continued to raise their support on the situation. I flipped through the pages to check the other details.

"One problem is the education," I pointed out, raising my head to look at them. "I need more universities to open their acceptance for woman. We have to eliminate all the restrictions about women staying at home to study."

We were talking more about other changes. When I darted my eyes over at Ivor, he was staring blankly at the file on his thighs. He drifted his mind to space, distracted with his thoughts.

"Ivor," I called, displeased with the lost of his attention.

Everyone went silent when Ivor had no response, turning their heads to look at him. I ran my tongue along my lips with annoyance then glanced at him dully again.

"Ivor Winston," I snapped his thoughts.

He instantly awakened, staring around to see the team looking at him. He apologized, and I quickly finished with the details before I had everyone leave. Ivor sat across from me. I tossed my pen and file to the table before looking at him.

"If you have shit to deal with, deal with it immediately. You know I fucking hate people coming to my meeting distracted," I scolded sternly.

"I'm sorry, Hayden. I will reflect on it," Ivor let out a heavy breath.

"Check over the proposal for employment. Once the details are done, I want the final copy sent to me by next week. I'm giving you extra time."

He nodded, and we went out of the conference room. We returned to the palace, and Clara and Xander were waiting for me at the front entrance. She stepped down the stairs as I opened the door to take Xander inside, sitting him down to the car seat.

I pulled over to the side when we arrived at Liford. Clara rang the doorbell, and Phoebe greeted us before we stepped inside. My parents-in-law crowded around us, as if we were rare animal species. I rolled my eyes then sat down in the dining room with the family.

"Here are the special invitations," Clara handed it to her mother. "You need them for the host to know that you are sitting with the same table as us. Gives you the access to the private utilities too."

"Thank you so much, sweetheart," her mother smiled widely at the invitations. The card was clearly not made from gold, but she looked at with so much value. "I invited my friends for a spa session. Are you joining us tomorrow?"

Clara shook her head, reaching for her purse. She pulled out her wallet and retrieved her own credit card, handing it to my mother-in-law. "I'm treating you. Have fun tomorrow."

I pulled out the black credit card from her wallet, and she stared at me as I exchanged the other card with the one in my hand.

"Use this one," I told my mother-in-law and gave Clara back her other card. "It's under my account. It's on me."

"Thank you, Hayden," my mother-in-law was bursting with happiness.

She went to check on dinner as I found Clara staring over at me. She had a smile on her lips, slipping her hand in mine.