Chapter 1 - A new day -

Cheryl packed clothes into her case, and sighed as she zipped it around. "Finally" She smiled as she put her hands on her hips. 

A knock on her door disturbed her and she turned to see her friend smiling at her. "Hey Hanna." Cheryl smiled before turning back to her case. "Hello! So, all packed and ready to go?" Hanna asked sitting down on her bed. Cheryl smiled and nodded at her "Yep, all packed and set. Got flights booked, and tickets!" She grinned before clasping her hands together. "Are you....going home?" Hanna asked. "No, i'm meeting my friends in Brooklyn airport, well...two of them i know of, then we'll meet my other friend in California." Cheryl smiled nodding.

"Wow, wish i could get a holiday to Cali for a few weeks" Hanna laughed. "Yes, well...i've saved up some money, and i have 'parental permission'" Cheryl giggled. "Oh yeah, thats a good thing" Hanna nodded. "Well, i better get back to my packing...theres loads!" She whined a little. "I can believe it Han..." Cheryl laughed. "Yeah, well...clothes are a girls best friend...shoes too. Keep in touch Cher. We didnt go through two years of college to not talk!" Hanna looked at her wide eyed. "Oh of course! Good Luck!" Cheryl smiled and hugged her. "Yeah, thanks...you too! Your photography skill will be perfect. I'll be looking out for your name!" Hanna winked before smiling and walking out Cheryl's room.

Cheryl sighed and nodded as she grabbed her cases. Picking up her jacket, she stuck it on and grabbed her bag before putting over her shoulder, and lifting the handle on her case. She looked around her empty room, she smiled and sighed as she walked out and closed the door. She walked down the dorm and to the stairs.

"Oh here, let me help you!" A deep voice told her. Turning she smiled. "Oh, thanks Jesse!" She watched as Jesse took her case and himself down the stairs. "They really should invest in an elevator here" Cheryl giggled. "Oh, yeah...tell me about it" Jesse told her as he sat her case down and sighed. He turned and smiled at her. "There you go Cinderella" He winked. Cheryl nodded and blushed as she gripped the handle on her case. "Thank you." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Are you heading home then?" He asked as he walked out with her. "No, i am going to California....with my friends" She told him. "Wow, free vaction?" He raised an eyebrow. "No. We've saved up the money and we havent really seen each other in like...eight months so its a catch up holiday" She told him as they made their way out the building. "Bye Cheryl! Good luck!" A few girls she spoke to told her waving. "Bye girls" She waved them off. "Good luck!" She told them before walking out the door, Jesse held open for her. "Well, i wish you luck. People will miss ya" He told her.

Cheryl scoffed a little. "People, are growing up. They'll get on with their lives" She told him. "Yeah, and it aint high school. People will remember you, just like they'll remember everyone in college" Jesse nudged her. "Well, thats nice. I wont forget anyone. Everyone were so nice here!" She sighed as a breeze blew on her. "Yeah, well i wont forget you either Chez. Keep in touch. We'll need catch ups" He winked. "Uhh...what about Leah?" She asked him. "What? Cant I talk to friends?" He smirked. Cheryl shook her head as she laughed a little. "Thanks Jesse...I'll see ya" She put on her sunglasses. "You need a ride to the airport?" He asked.

Cheryl turned to him and looked him up and down. "Hey, its a nice July after noon" He shrugged smiling. "Yeah, and i've ordered a cab. See you again Jesse....good luck" Cheryl nodded and smiled as she turned and walked on. "Taxi for Cheryl? Going to the airport?" The driver from a yellow cab shouted out his window. "Yes! thats me" Cheryl smiled as she walked over to back of the car. The driver got out and opened up the trunk. "Im actually going to Brooklyn airport" Cheryl told him as he closed the trunk. "Yep, no problem Miss" He nodded and they headed into the car. Cheryl put her seat belt on and smiled as she waved to Jesse.

"Going back home to see family?" The driver asked. Cheryl turned to him and shook her head. "No, im uh...heading on a...much deserved free time...with family" She grinned to herself as she sat back and let the breeze blew in the window on her face from outside. "Cool. Anywhere speical?" He asked. "I think having them there is special enough" Cheryl nodded. "Yeah, very true Mamn" He chuckled as he drove.  Cheryl nodded agreeing as she sat back and looked out the window. "Yeah, sure is..." She spoke quietly, smiling.