Chapter 53

The girls stood outside a coffee shop with Jenn. "Well, i'm meeting Michael later" Kassie smiled. "Why?" Jodi asked. "He offered to buy me coffee and lunch" She shrugged. "A thank you, for fixing his nose" Kassie turned to Cheryl. "That was not my fault..." Cheryl shook her head. "Its cool, that Jesse was a dick" Kassie shook her head. "Good looks, shame about the nature" She told the girls. "Im actually quite cold" Jodi told the girls.

"It is October" Cheryl smiled. "I know..." Jodi shivered as she wrapped her scarf around her neck more. "Well, Ethan is on his way...and i dont know why im nervous!" Jenn sighed as she turned to the girls. "Do you want us to head inside?" Cheryl asked fixing her beanie. "Uh, just wait...a moment" Jenn nodded. "What if he turns up, and sees us..." Kassie asked. "He wont, i'll see him before he's standing in front of me" Jenn sighed turning.

"Does Calum know your meeting him?" Kassie asked. "Why would you ask that?" Jodi tutted. "Im just asking!" Kassie shrugged. "Wait! Oh my, there he is!" Jenn gasped. "Where?!" Kassie perked her head up, as the girls loooks a head. He's walking on the other side of the road, dark hair...texting" Jenn told them. "Wow, he is cute!" Jodi giggled. "Hold up...how old is he again?!" Kassie asked. "Yeah" Cheryl nodded. "He just turned 23..." Jenn looked at them.

"Wow...." Cheryl looked at him. "Okay stop staring! Go, inside now!" Jenn hushed them. "We'll be at the back table" Jodi smiled at her before they disappeared in the shop. Jenn turned around as her phone buzzed.

Ethan : " Hey, im just heading to the shop :) x "

She took a breath as he read the text. "Jenn?" A familiar voice asked. Jenn turned and looked at Ethan. "Ethan, hi!" She grinned. "Hey there!" He chuckled a little as he hugged her. "Wow, uh...hi!" She smiled at him. "So, how have you been?" He asked. "Doing good...travelling, you?" She asked. "Yeah, im passing through here before heading to Philidelphia, im on a teaching job!" He smiled. "Wow, thats awesome! You finally got into the teaching" Jenn giggled.

Nodding Ethan smiled, raising his eyerbrows. "Yeah! It is pretty awesome to finally...get somewhere. Yet, a little scary" He nodded admitting to her. "Im sure you'll do fine! Your an amazing writer" She told him. "Coffee?" He offered opening his arm out. Jenn looked at the door and smiled. "Yes, please" She giggled before they headed inside. Jenn and Ethan sat at a table with comfortable chairs, as the girls sat in at a booth in the back.

"Wow, he is really cute! No offence, but how did she pull a guy like him?! A 23 year old writer" Kassie asked. "Dont be mean Kass! Jenn is an amazing girl, besides they werent dating, they were close friends" Jodi told her. "Yeah i know! but like...hes hot" Kassie told them "Okay..." Cheryl laughed. "Are you saying your friend isnt hot enough to get a hot guy?! She got Calum!" Jodi sounded offended, defending her friend. "No! im not saying that at all" Kassie shook her head.

"I think its cool hes a writer. I wonder if his work is good" Cheryl smiled. "Well you cant find out!" Kassie stuck out her tongue. "Be quiet you!" Cheryl laughed as she sipped some tea. "Hm, by the way did you see photos from the party?" Kassie asked. "What photos?" Jodi asked. "Yep!" Cheryl sighed. "What photos?!" Jodi asked now, worried. "The photos people took, at John's party" Cheryl looked at her. "Uhm, how do we see them?" Jodi asked. "Well, those people upload them, their online...people hunt and look for stuff. Boom, they found them and upload them to their accounts" Kassie nodded.

"Oh, i guess we're on mulitply fan accounts then?" Jodi asked. "Yep, i look on instagram to update accounts. Its people telling other fans what the boys are doing, and legit i dont know how, but the photos and news they get! Its amazing" Kassie told the girls. "There were photos on this account and it was the boys at the party, us at the party with them and us leaving with them." Kassie told them. "Wow!" Jodi spoke wide eyed. "Yeah, they were all commenting wondering why Luke's lip ring was out..." She turned to Cheryl sarcastically.

"Shut up..." Cheryl shook her head. "Anyway, asking where his ring was, where they drunk? Are they dating us? are we fucking them for free...the usual" Kassie smiled before sipping her tea. "Are you being serious?" Jodi asked. "Oh yeah, usual. Dont worry" She patted her hand. "Shit...." Cheryl sighed. "This is...sad. I hate this!" Jodi told them. "What?" Kassie asked. "Being talking about, being accused to sleeping with band members...getting told im not good enough for them if i was with one of them" SHe sighed. "Dont think like that Jodes, ignore them." Cheryl nodded.

"Yeah suprisingly, more than half the fam quite like us! They have an account of me! Well, 5sos, and me...and you..." She pointed to Jodi. "All of us...it is just a little creepy how they get out pics from school. They got one of me at the beach, in my bikini. However after reading the caption i wasnt that pissed" Kassie smiled. "What was the caption?" Cheryl turned, suddenly regretting her question. "Body goals" Kassie beamed proudly. "Oh gosh!" Jodi covered her face.

"It is...pretty scary. Having camera shoved in your faces...especially going from airport to airport" Cheryl admitted to the girls. "And the other night!" Jodi told them both. "I nearly got pushed down those stairs, because they wanted fucking photos!" She shook her head. "It'll calm down" Kassie smiled. "No, it wont" Cheryl and Jodi both said. Kassie's smile vanished as she pouted before sipping tea. They were disturbed, but a laugh. They turned to see Jenn and Ethan laughing together.

"They do look cute" Jodi smiled at them. "Hmm, yeah..." Kassie nodded.

-

An hour later.

"Well, Jenn...it was lovely seeing you again. We should catch up again in a few weeks. Where will you be?" He asked. "Oh i dont know. Here...California...back home, wherever life takes me" She smiled sweetly at him as he held the door open for her. "We'll see each other again...keep in touch?" He grinned at her. "Course Ethan!" Jenn smiled. Just then the girls walked out the shop too. "Oh!" Kassie looked at both of them. "Sorry" Cheryl giggled nervously before walking off to the girls.

Jenn smiled a little as she turned to Ethan again. "Oh and uh, tell you friends i said hi, shame i couldnt meet them today" He nodded. "Yeah, theyre just...busy" Jenn told him, lying.

The girls walked up the street, as they spotted three boys. "Oh hey!" Kassie waved. Ashton, Luke and Calum came walking towards them. "Hello!" Ashton grinned. "Where is Michael?" Kassie asked. "Uh, he is having lunch with you....?" Calum raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, not till...two..." Kassie looked at her phone. "Shit! Its half past..." Kassie gasped. Calum began to chuckle. "Um, Jenn?" He asked looking behind the girls.

They turned and watched as Jenn and Ethan hugged each other, Jenn earning a kiss of the cheek from him. He rubbed his hand on her arm before he waved and walked off. "Who...is he?" Calum asked, his jaw suddenly tensing up, his eyes narrowing. Uh oh....jealously. "Uhm he is...a friend" Cheryl nodded. "What kind of friend?" He asked her. "Just...from college" Jodi told him. Jenn came walking up. "Oh guys, he...oh...hi...." Jenn stopped once she saw the boys.

"Whos he?" Calum asked her the same question. "He's a close friend from college" Jenn smiled at him before turning to the girls. "Thanks for today...it was really good to catch up!" Jenn smiled. "Yeah cool! Well i gotta go, or i am going to be late....so...see ya all later!" Kassie told them quickly before heading in the opposite direction. "See ya!" Jodi waved.

"Whats your friends name?" Calum asked Jenn. "His name is Ethan...." She told him. "Mmm" He nodded. "Not that...it really matters to anyone except me...and my friends" She told him. Cheryl and Jodi looked at each other wide eyed. "Uhm, coffee?" Ashton offered. "No, we're just after that thanks" Jenn told him. "Uh, soft drink?" He then offered. "Nah, we should get back" Jenn told them. "Really?" Jodi asked.

Luke smiled at Cheryl, ignoring the others with them. "Yep, we do! So...we'll see you boys later...have a nice coffee" Jenn smiled as she turned and walked on. "See you later" Jodi told them, in a nicer tone and smiled. "Bye, text later" Cheryl smiled. Luke nodded at her, as well as Calum...his eyes still narrowed.