Chapter 85

Monday 22nd December.

"Mom....dad...?!" Cheryl called as she entered her front door. She wheeled her suitcase in front of her as she closed the door behind her. "Cheryl?!" She heard her mom shout. "Cheryl!" Her mom ran from the kitchen. "Hi mom!" Cheryl hugged her tight back, as her mom grabbed her and wrapped her arms around her. "Oh sweetie. Its so good to see you home! We've missed you!" Her mom soon became emotional. "Mom!" Cheryl giggled a little. #

"Oh, im just happy to see you" Her mom wiped tears away from her cheeks. "Dont start, you'll make me cry" Cheryl smiled. "Oh. My beautiful baby girl. Your growing up" She gasped a little as she looked at her, up and down. "Mom...!" Cheryl giggled. "Okay, fine I'll be quiet. Your dad is on his way home from work. So, come in!" Her mom walked into the living room with her. "Tell me, how was Los Angeles, and....the boys?" She asked sitting down on the sofa.

Cheryl turned, and smiled at her. "Well...they're all fine. Im fine, LA was beautiful in the summer. London...is lovely." Cheryl told her. "London?! Wow, you did travel!" Her mom grinned. "Yeah, it was amazing. Oh and mom...remember All time low?" She asked. "Uhm...the band you like?" Her mom asked, a little confused. "Yeah, well...I uh, met them. I hung out with them!" She grinned.

"I saw that. Kassie had tagged you in a photo on Facebook at a party a few months back now....you were sitting with two of the members" Her mom smiled.

Cheryl and her mom sat and had a good catch up with everything. When her dad came back home from work, they hugged and started talking too. They had sat for a few hours just talking and Cheryl liked it. For the first time, in a long time...the three of them sat in the one room and spoke for over an hour! No work, no excuses, no phone calls just them.

9pm.

Cheryl was in her old room. Well, her bedroom. She looked around smiling, her old school folders, backpacks, and study books. Makeup lying, old perfume and other items. She looked at herself in the long mirror and smiled at how much she'd actually changed. Back in high school, she had some puppy fat around her stomach, and face. Her hair was long, her bangs were long, she wore minimal makeup. Now, she was a litte slimmer, more confident, wore slight more makeup. Her hair was a little shorter with neater bangs.

It was amazing how much she had changed, even though it seemed like yesterday she was in class and walking the corridors and...worrying about finals and boys. She bit her lip as she pulled some hair behind her ear, just then her mom walked in.

"Knock, knock" Her mom smiled as she walked in and closed the door. "Hey." Cheryl smiled as she fixed out her case. "So uh...good to be home?" She asked sitting down on Cheryl's bed, next to her case. "Yeah, it is. Warm. Cosy, home." Cheryl smiled at her mom. "Yeah." She sighed as she nodded. "So uh, you were talking about Lucas....." Her mom smiled at her. Cheryl raised her eyebrows as she looked at her mom. "Luke..." Cheryl giggled to herself.

"Yes well..before your dad came in. Still not comfortable taliking about boys around your dad?" Her mom laughed to herself. "Well i am his youngest daughter mom. Its not me with the problem...dad is over - protective." Cheryl nodded as she folded clothes onto her bed. "Well it is pretty amazing about those boys and Luke. I bet they're parents are proud!" Her mom grinned. "Yes, they are. I imagine so..." Cheryl told her.

"So, no...nothing going on....?" Her mom asked, trying to not sound as if she was prying. "Mom, no...course not" Cheryl sighed. "Im just saying...you all have a past and well...." "Mom. Nothing can happen. Its different, complicated, things change, people change" Cheryl told her mom. "True....true" Her mom sighed, nodding. "But feelings dont..." Her mom told her. Cheryl stopped and looked at her mom. "I was talking to Liz a few weeks ago, uh Luke called her the night before. Talking about the band, performing and...hates feeling like he hurted someone" Her mom told her.

Cheryl turned away from her. "Really?" She asked. "Liz, didnt have to ask who he was talking about. Neither do I. Sweetie, i know its hard. You've never been in the....limelight. Your shy, sweet and well...not interested in being the centre of attention. Thats good, but sometimes you just have too try something new" Her mom told her, her hand resting on her shoulder. Cheryl nodded before looking at her feet.

"I'll make you some tea and toast." Her mom tapped her shoulder lightly before walking out her room. Cheryl turned to her closed door and let out a sigh. She looked around her room before heading to her bedside. She knelt down and took a box from under her bed. It was always well hidden, in a dark space under her bed between her bedside table and headboard.

She sat on her floor and opened the box. It was her memories from when she was 16-18. She searched through the box until finally getting to the bottom where she picked out a simple necklace Luke had got her. She'd left it at home before going to college because she had a pendant he'd got her on her necklace she wore. After the breakup, she moved the pendant to a bracelet she hardly wore. It stayed in her suitcase, everywhere she went in a safe pocket.

Standing, she made her way to her jewlerry box and opened it. She sat it inside and sighed as she closed it. Her mom was right. Everyone was right. She gasped silently as he phone vibrated agaisnt her desk, making it louder than normal. She turned and headed over picking up her phone.

Luke :) : " So, back home. Had a family reunion, had dinner. Free to chill, what you doing tomorrow? :) xx "

Cheryl : " Nothing. Its the day before christmas eve. Planning on a quiet day in, warm sweaters for this snow! :) xx "

Luke :) : " My dad is out tomorrow, and my mom is finishing shopping. Wanna hang out? xx "

Cheryl : " You dont have to ask, when you wanna hang. Sure :) xx "

Luke :) : " Well you could be busy :P haha xx "

Cheryl : " I'll be over around...noon? xx "

Luke :) : " Awesome. See you tomorrow. Night, sleep well...from jet lag :)) x<3x "

Cheryl : " Will do. You too :) xx <3 "

Luke :) : " Night beautiful ;) <3 "

Cheryl smiled as she put down her phone. She went to her bed and lay down. Yeah, she was going to get this sorted tomorrow. This couldnt go on any more, she hated feeling this way. It was like school all over again, but this time it wasnt just a crush.