Chapter 101

Friday. 3pm. 

"That sounds cool. You guys just sound awesome, even if your fooling around!" Jenn giggled as the Michael and Calum strummed guitar strings, and played music.

They were all in the studio alone. No John was here today, just the boys and the girls. Jodi sat watching the boys as she listened to them play. They really were good, Ash drummed around a little but Luke sat in silence on the small sofa. Phone in his hand. Just staring, scrolling through...not really paying attention. 

"I wonder if Chez's interview is finished?" Jenn asked, sighing. Kassie nodded at her. "Mm, she'll text when she's out" Kassie smiled. Luke turned to the both of them, before sighing quietly and shaking his head before looking back at his phone. Jodi watched as Luke returned back to his phone. Nope, he didnt look happy about it.

"What if she doesnt get the job?" Jodi asked. Kassie and Jenn turned to her wide eyed. "Sorry....just asking" Jodi shrugged. "Girls. Think positive here" Ashton told them. "Do you want her to leave?" Jodi asked him. "Course i dont. However...it is her dream job." Ashton smiled. "Like us. This is our dream job, performing to thousands...millions of people and we're living it. Why cant she?" He asked sitting down on a seat.

Kassie and Jenn looked at each other and nodded. "I guess your right" Jodi smiled, and sighed. "Shes a good photographer, but doesnt mean they'll think that. They might want the best of the very best!" Luke spoke up. Everyone turned and looked at him. "Im being honest. Im just saying..." He looked back at his phone. Just then Kassie's phone chimed and she checked it. "Yeah, she's out of the interview..." Kassie told them all as she texted back.

"What did she say?" Jodi asked her. "Thats shes just out...i dont know if it went as well as she'd hoped..." Kassie turned to the girls. "Why?" Jenn asked. "Tone of the text..." Kassie sighed. "Tone of text...?" Calum asked looking at the boys. The boys shrugged at the unfamilar saying. "Yeah, the way she texted." Kassie looked up at them. "Girls..." Mikey laughed and shrugged a little. "Its just girls...breaking hearts" Jenn began to sing.

The boys, except Luke began to laugh. "Sorry, gotta love that band" Jenn giggled. "Very true" Calum nodded and chuckled. "Is she coming here?" Jodi asked Kassie. "Yeah, i told her we're all here...!" She grinned at everyone. Luke sighed as he looked at his phone again.

-

An hour later. 

"Hello?" Everyone heard a voice. "In here!" Jodi called out and they turned and watched as Cheryl walked into the room. Black knee lengh skirt, a dressy shirt with a black blazer. "Ooh fancy" Kassie winked at her. "Thanks...hey, what you all doing?" Cheryl asked. "Just playing some music, how was the interview?" Michael asked her. Jodi patted a seat next to her, beside Luke. Cheryl smiled as she sat down. "Ahh, it was...okay. By the end, i basically told them i was worth it. They seemed...well the woman seemed too proper for the busniess. She was judging me from the moment i walked in." Cheryl sighed.

"What do you mean?" Luke asked her. "Just the way she was looking at me, and the way she was asking the questions." She told him. "How about...maybe it was this" Jodi giggled pointing to Cheryl's face. "What...? My face?" Cheryl asked, a little paranoid. "No, your lovely. I mean your makeup." Jodi smiled as she looked at Cheryl, with winged eyeliner and plum lipstick. Cheryl shook her head. "I always wear this. Besides...photography is your own. You work in your own style" Cheryl sighed.

"Very true, like the sound of music. Bands, and other artists" Ashton perked in smiling. Jodi smiled at him sweetly. "I like this Ash...." She blushed, as he winked at her. "Yep, exactly. Just because i wear band shirts and skinny jeans doesnt mean i cant take excellent quality photographs. I'm not the one in them...im behind the camera. I capture, that moment in time" Cheryl smiled. "Woah..." Jenn looked at her. "What?" Cheryl asked slightly confused. "That was beautiful" Jenn grinned.