Chapter 68

Cheryl made her way to starbucks. Walking into the shop, she scanned the room and spotted Calum in a booth. His new blonde hair stood out from the natural dark brown hair. She smiled and walked over and watched as he looked up and smiled at her, lines surrounding the edge of his eyes.

"Hey!" He greeted her holding out his arms. "Hi" She smiled back at him as he hugged him. He sighed a little as she pulled away. "Latte with extra milk and sugar?" He asked. "Oh yeah, thank you" Cheryl nodded and Calum walked out the booth. He walked up to get served as Cheryl sat down.

Calum got their order and headed back to the booth sitting down the cup. "There you go!" He smiled. "Thanks, you didnt have to get the coffee" Cheryl smiled at him as he sat down. "Nah, i dont mind..." He sighed and looked at her. "So....are you on a break right now?" She asked him. He looked up at her and nodded. "I needed a break, out of the studio. Usually we just sit and do nothing but....i texted Jenn but she was busy..." He told her.

Nodding Cheryl sighed. Sipping some coffee, she then looked at him. "Look Cal, i think...Jenn is happy we're all talking again. We all are, but...there is a certain extent we and she can go to. We've all been through a lot, including you and Jenn and the girls and I think...its just best if Jenn moved on." Cheryl told him, trying not to sound like a complete bitch. She looked up to see Calum already looking at her with a sympathetic look on his face.

"I dont mean to sound...make it sound bad, but it is true Cal. She cant keep going on and thinking...hoping your going to want her back" Cheryl shrugged. "No, i know...." Calum sighed. "I did love her....i still do...but i understand" Calum told her quietly. "Im sure he still loves you....but because of everything its complicated now. With all of us" Cheryl told him, as he nodded listening to her.

"Its just...." Calum spoke up. "Its this guy....this guy comes into the picture. Good looking, older, smarter...a teacher!" Calum sighed, now sounding slightly pissed off. Laughing quietly Cheryl nodded. "He's been a close friend of hers since college. He likes her...we think and she...." She went silent as she looked at him. "Jenn likes him?" Calum looked at her. "Maybe...we dont know" Cheryl then sipped on her coffee.

"Cal...dont be that ex. Be nice about it, yes you still love her and thats amazing but...love her for the decisions shes now making." Cheryl told him. Calum nodded at her then chuckled. "Now i know why Luke was lucky to have you...still is having you in his life" Calum smiled at her. Blushing a little Cheryl shook her head. "Nah..." She started. "No, seriously....also thank you" He smiled at her.

For the next hour, Cheryl and Calum sat and chatted. Catching up about everything in their lives, about what they didnt know about each other. They'd had a coffee and Cheryl bought the second around of coffee. It was nearly 3pm when Calum's phone buzzed. Cheryl watched as he looked at his phone and typed. Putting his phone down, he looked at Cheryl for his phone to buzz again. "You need to go back?" Cheryl smiled. "No...." Calum trailed off typing.

"You sure? Its been...." Cheryl started before Calum looked at her with a smirk on his face. "Ha..." He laughed a little. "Is everything okay?" She asked and he nodded. "Yeah, your right. Time to head back" He sighed. "Shame, this was fun" He smiled at her. "Oh, well i try" Cheryl mocked a little putting her hand to her chin and giggling. Calum laughed and picked up his cup and they both headed out.

"No, this was good. We should do it again" He smiled at her. "Sure, i dont mind. It was good for you to..." She looked at him. "For me to...understand...." He chuckled a little. "Yeah, dont worry Calum. Seriously." Cheryl nodded as she patted his shoulder. "Well, thanks for the coffee" He smiled at her and nodded. "Ah, your welcome. Thanks for your round too" She smiled sweetly at him. "Your wel-cream...anytime" He chuckled. Cheryl looked at him weirdly as she giggled.

"Get it...cream? as in...coffee?" He laughed. "Oh, thats a bad joke!" He laughed. "Wow! well done!" Cheryl laughed. "Oh that was...terrible!" He laughed covering his face. Cheryl shook her head. "Come on Calum, you should have something better?" Cheryl mocked a little. There was a silence between them as Calum shook his head. "Well, you better head. See you guys tomorrow night...." She told him. "Yeah, I'll see you....latte" He raised his eyebrow.

"Oh my gosh!" Cheryl mocked him. "What even is that?!" She asked laughing. "Im sorry, i'll shut up now!" He chuckled. "Yes! Well, your jokes are....unique haha. Good to expresso yourself" Cheryl giggled. Calum looked at her. "Wow....." His raspy voice mocked her. "Nah...." He shook his head and pouted a little. Cheryl went a little read as she pushed him back a little. "Right! On you go Hood...back to the punk rockers" Cheryl giggled.

"Yeah, okay." He held out his arms and hugged Cheryl. Just then Luke came round the corner, looked up from his phone and spotted them. His face, turned sour as he watched. He stopped for a moment. "Well, tell the boys hi and Luke too!" Cheryl let go of Calum. "Yeah, I will. See you all tomorrow" He smiled at her before walking off. Cheryl smiled and nodded as she dug her phone out sighing a little.

She turned and walked in the opposite direction and looked a head then back at her phone. Looking up again, she saw Luke walking towards her. His hands in his jean pockets, looking a little....off. "Hey!" She greeted him happily as they got closer. "Hey" He blunty spoke. "Are you on break?" She asked. "Yeah...i needed some air...Calum got let go so, why cant I?" He asked, and looked to his feet. Cheryl stood looking at him. "Is....everything okay?" She asked. "Yeah, why wouldnt it be?" He asked her, before biting the side of his lip.

"You uh...seem a little...annoyed" She told him. "No, im not annoyed!" He sighed and looked at her. "You sure?....you can talk...." She started. "Cheryl, im not annoyed!" He looked at her. Nodding, Cheryl looked away. "Look, im sorry. We're just a little stressed right now" Luke sighed. "Are you still coming to ours tomorrow?" She asked him. "Yeah, course" Luke nodded. "Do have time for coffee?" She asked. "I think you've had enough coffee today" He looked at her. "Uhm...." Cheryl looked at him.

"I'll see you later okay?" He smiled at her a little before walking off. Cheryl turned and sighed. "Luke?!" She called on him, but he kept walking.