Chapter 13

"This is so good!" Cheryl sighed as she sipped on the ice cold drink in her hand. "Yeah, its nice this isn't it...just us girls catching up, hanging out and being in LA is just a bonus!" Jodi smiled. "Yeah its really awesome." Cheryl grinned. "Yeah then you got Kassie checking out the dudes and making us look desperate!" Jodi giggled and the girls laughed. Kassie say staring at her ice tea. "Kassie?" Cheryl smiled. "Kass?!" Jenn snapped her fingers in her face. Kassie came out the day dream and looked at her there friends staring at her. "Huh? What?" She asked unaware of what was going on. "You okay?" Jodi asked her. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine" Kassie smiled before sipping on her tea.

-

"Yeah. Well considering it was three years ago!" Kenn laughed with the girls. "Don't worry, you've grown out of giggling like a maniac in front of guys!" Jodi told her. "Yeah I know. I just stare now" Jenn shrugged as she giggled. She turned to Kassie who was sitting picking at her cup. Jenn frowned a little. Something was up. "Well heading to the bathroom before we leave...." Cheryl stood up. "Ooh me too" Jodi told them as they stood up. "Oh we're fine" Jenn smiled referring to her and Kassie. "Okay. Be back in a minute" Cheryl smiled as she and Jodi made their way from the table.

Kassie looked up then at Jenn. "Where are they going?" Kassie asked. "Bathroom....is everything okay?" Jenn asked. "Yeah why wouldn't it be?" Kassie asked her. "Oh I don't know....you've only been sitting for half an hour picking at your cup...drank half your tea and not joined km properly in any conversations...." Jenn sighed. "I'm fine Jenn.... Just leave it" Kassie moved I'm her seat. "No I won't leave it! What happened at the beach? What did you see?" Jenn demanded turning to Kassie.

Kassie sighed and looked up at Jenn. "Look...I'm not positive. I know it wasn't....but...I don't know I thought... A guy at the beach looked like Mikey" Kassie sighed. Jenn looked at her, her frown turning into a slightly worried expression. "It wasn't him! But...it did bring back memories..." Kassie sighed and laughed nervously. "Your right Jenn...I did love him...and I hate to admit it because he can be an asshole...but he can also be such a sweetheart...his laugh...making me laugh, his obsession over pokemon and he freaks out when you eat the last slice of pizza" Kassie smiled.

Jenn watched as she saw a smile on Kassies face that she'd not seen in a while. "Kass...." Jenn smiled warmly at her. "I do miss him Jenn. Sometimes... I miss his wacky moments, when he's like an excited child...and then he laughs and turns serious...." Kassie began to laugh softly. "I even miss is crazy hair!" She wiped the corner of her eye. "I don't think it would be such a bad thing if we saw them again...but something tells me they're all busy with girls throwing themselves at them or they may have girlfriends...." Kassie sighed as she looked at Jenn. "Well its good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that...." Jenn sat her hand on Kassies. "They could be anywhere... If they're in a band." Kassie told Jenn. "Well...if we ever see them again in our lives...we'll just nod, smile and ask how they've been" Jenn laughed a little.

Just then Cheryl and Jodi came back. "Ready to go?" Jodi asked looking at the girls. "Yeah. Let's go" Kassie smiled at she picked up her tea. "Back to the beach?" Jenn asked. "No. Let's just...explore. Take a walk" Kassie smiled at her friends. "Okay..." Cheryl smiled. "Then... Later on we'll go back to the beach. When its quieter" Kassie nodded. "Sounds good. Lets head then!" Jodi grinned as they all left the table and walked to the door. They headed out and made their way down the street.