Chapter 22

"Cheryl, you ready?" Kassie asked as she came walking down the staurs. "Yeah, i am. I dont see why we...." Cheryl trailed off as she walked into the living room. Jenn was pacing the floor, Jodi was fanning herself with a magazine, and Kassie well...she was dressed up for a night out. "Uh, girls...are you okay?" Cheryl asked. "Oh, you look lovely" Jenn smiled. Her smile soon vanishing? "Do i look okay? Am i too casual? too dressy?" She panicked. "Jenn, its coffee...you dont need to dress for a friday night lock up in a bar....Kass." Cheryl eyed eye Kassie.

"What?  Too much?" Kassie asked. Jodi scoffed a little. "Kass, that dress is tighter than...your usual dresses...." She made a face. "Yeah, and my bra..." Jenn moved uncomfortably. "Awh, i thought you looked bigger" Kassie nodded pointing to Jenn. "What?! Leave me alone!" Jenn crossed her arms. "Ugh!" Cheryl sighed sitting down. "Girls! please stop. We're having coffee. Kassie take your clubbing dress off....Jenn, unstuff your bra, and Jodi....drink some water..." Cheryl shook her head.

"Gosh, why are you so calm?" Jenn asked her. Cheryl laughed silently. "Who said im calm on the inside? "Cheryl looked at them. "Now come on, hurry up. Its one already. They'll be thinking we stood them up." Cheryl sighed. Jenn and Kassie dived upstairs to quickly fix themselves as Cheryl got a bottle of water for Jodi. "Here, you okay?" She smiled. Jodi took the water and nodded. "Yeah, you sure you wanna do this?" She asked her. Cheryl turned to Jodi with a raised eyebrow. "Uhm, yeah i think i am. How about you? Nervous to see Ashton?" SHe smiled. "Honestly....terrified" Jodi sighed. "Dont worry, it'll be fine" Cheryl smiled warmly.

-

The boys sat in Starbucks waiting on the girls.

"Its...half past. Shouldnt they be here?" Calum asked checking his phone. "Ha, they've stood you up!" Michael shook heis head. "No they habe not, you be quiet" Ashton shook his head as he sighed. "Its LA, they can get caught up in stuff...." Ashton told them. Luke looked around, out the window then to the door. "Should we uh...get coffee in?" Calum asked. "No, hold on. Wait till the girls order." Ashton nodded. "I know Jenn's usual...." Calum offered, "Yeah, but they couldve changed" Ashton shrugged. "Caramel macchiato...with a drizzel on top. No extra sweetners and extra whip." Michael spoke. The boys turned to him, with a look on their faces. "Its Kassie's favourite...always has been" He shrugged.

"Wow..." Calum nodded impressed. The door opened and Luke turned around. He spotted Cheryl, walking in with three girls behind her. He smiled as he nudged Calum. He turned, which made the boys turn. Ashton turned right round as he smiled as they looked around. Michael perked his head up, no longer slouching.

"Oh my...." Jenn gasped as she grabbed Kassie's arm. "No. Dont cry!" Kassie whispered to her. "No, im not...!" Jenn spoke out. The girls watched as Ashton stood up, and smiled over at them. The girls began to walk over, and soon they were face to face with the boys. "Hi." Calum smiled at them all, then looked at Jenn. "Hello...." She spoke quietly. "Hey girls...." Ashton grinned at them. "Hi..." Kassie and Jodi smiled. Kassie looked at Michael, he was already looking at her. "Hey...." SHe sighed as she looked at him. "Hey" He smiled a little.

"Do you girls want a drink?" Ashton smiled. "Yeah, a caramel macchiato with extra whip and drizzle please" Kassie smiled sweetly. Luke looked over at Michael and he smiled. "Oh. no extra sweetners" She told him. "I'll just have a latte." Jodi smiled a little shy at him. "Jenn...Cheryl?" Ash smiled. "I'll have a berry refresher please" Cheryl nodded. "I'll take a hot chocolate" Jenn smiled at him. Ashton nodded as he pulled Michael up with him. Calum stood up and moved more into the booth making room for the girls to get in. Cheryl squeezed in past Calum and sat down and turned to see Luke smiling at her.

"Hi, again" She told him. "Hello" He nodded. Cheryl blushed as she turned away. "So...how are you all...whats been happening?" Calum asked. "Uh, been at college. Getting on with life...what else can we do" Kassie shrugged. Jodi nudged her as she darted her a look. "Its going good so far...not the same for you guys right?" Jenn giggled a little nervously. "You talking about, the band...or"? Calum chuckled obviously knowing the answer. "Yeah. Can actually believe that. I dont know whether to be happy or pissed" Kassie giggled sarcastically.

Jenn looked at her before smiling back at Luke and Calum. "Yeah, its going great so far. Um...we've just released our album..." Calum nodded as he looked over at Luke. "Woah, like a proper album?" Jenn questioned. "Yep, we'll need to let you hear it" Calum smiled at her. "Hm...and we're working on a live one right now from tour...." Luke told them. "Wow, am i sitting with popstairs or...." Kassie grinned. "Kassie! No one says popstar anymore!" Jodi nudged her.

"Orders up!" Ashton smiled as he and Michael walked over with drinks. "Coffee, latte, macchiato, skinny latte, refresher and.....thats us" He smiled as he and Michael sat down again. "So...what have we missed?" Ashton grinned at the girls.