Chapter 16

The next day, Friday 1pm.

The girls all sat in silence. It had been like that all morning. Not one word spoken, not one question. Just silence.

Jenn sat looking at Kassie as she picked at her nails. Jodi sitting arms folded looking back and forth to Jenn and Kassie. Cheryl sitting, her legs crossed as she sat on the sofa staring into space.

"Okay, this has got to stop!" Jenn sighed as she sat up straight. "What? The mindless silence, or the ...." "Kassie be quiet" Jenn told her. "You just said no more silence" Kassie huffed as she crossed her arms. "I'm just confused...why was Luke and Michael here....and where was Ash and Calum?" Jodi asked. "I dont know!" Kassie told her. "This is just crazy, we cant just sit here in silence. We saw...our ex's...well two of the four and...." "Making us feel better why dont you!" Kassie put a thumbs up.

"Its just the fact, we've not seem them in like...a year and all of a sudden out of the blue...boom there outside the same place we were at." Jodi held one hand up. "Oh! i knew it was too good to be true, we shouldve just said!" Jenn turned to Kassie. Kassie looked at Jenn with wide eyes. "What? Said what?" Jodi asked. "Jenn...this isnt helping" Kassie shook her head. "Too late! Its said, tell us!" Jodi told the girls. Jenn turned to Jodi and sighed. "Fine! The other day when your and Cheryl went out....i've been thinking about Calum recently. I decided to check him out, maybe on facebook...turns out that when i typed his name in, it wasnt add as a friend...it was a like page"

Jodi sat closer to the sofa as she listened. "What do you mean?" She asked. Kassie sighed as she unfolded her arms. "We scrolled down this page and it said that he was apart of a band...five seconds of summer" Jenn sighed. Jodi's eyes widened "What?! Like...they actually got signed?!" Jodi gasped. "They mustve done...they were leaving to perform places...they mustve got seen" Jenn shrugged. "Hold up, so you didnt tell us, that you were searching up our old boyfriends?!" Jodi asked. "No! Not all of them, i checked up Cal...then i saw the band sight on facebook. Kassie told me not too but i was just too darn nosey!" Jenn shook her head.

"You got that right!" Kassie scoffed. Jenn darted her narrowed eyes to Kassie for a moment, drawing her a look. "I then searched them up on YouTube..turns out...they have music videos, interviews, fan videos...." Kassie shrugged. "Have you watched anything?" Jodi asked. "No, i wanted too...Kassie didnt, i gave in and ignored the rest" Jenn nodded.

"Guys..." Cheryl spoke quietly. "So, they're actually a band! They have fans, and like....wow" Jodi nodded. "I wonder if Ash is..." "Dont get caught up..." Jenn cut off Jodi. "Hey, look....we've just seen our ex's i think we can at least now look them up!" Kassie told Jenn. "Michael wasnt your ex...well he was...but you guys broke up before heading out to college. Us three got broken up with during college!" Jenn told Kassie. "Doesnt mean that...!" Kassie took a breath. "You guys were just....friends? We were all in a relationship and they told us one day on a vist that...hey we're leaving and i dont think we should stay together for it..." Jodi told Kassie.

"He still broke my fucking heart!" Kassie raised her voice slightly. "Kassie you cant keep us from looking up....!" Jodi began to shout back.  "Enough!!" Cheryl shouted over them. The girls turned to her and watched as she unfolded her legs. "Enough! shut up about it! Please....stop!" Cheryl told them before standing up and walking out the living room heading towards the stairs. "Chez!" Jenn called after her. She then turned to the girls with an apologetic face on.

"She's been silent all day...." Kassie told the girls in a quiet tone. "And we're making it worse" Jenn sighed as she covered her face. "She hasnt spoke about...any guys recently" Jodi told the girls. "Is she even over him?" Kassie raised an eyebrow. "Yes, she is...but just recently she is. Now seeing him...must feel like a kick in the teeth for her" Jenn shook her head.

Jodi picked up her laptop from the table. "What you doing?" Jenn asked. "I want to see for  myself" Jodi told her as she opened the laptop. The girls sat for a moment, the room silent until the volume blasted out the laptop.

"A single guitar strum played. The girls turned to Jodi, her face shocked. "Thats the song from  my cab" Kassie told them as she got up and sat beside Jodi. "Yeah, and thats the music video we watched." Jodi clicked , and clicked. The room fell silent again, then drums played. The girls all sat beside each other as they watched the music video. "Its quite a catchy song..." Jodi shrugged. Kassie sighed and scrolled down the page. Soon clicking on another video.

"So we're just gonna sit here and watch them eat random food?" Jenn asked. "Shush!" Kassie told her. Through out the video, the girls couldnt help but laugh at the guys.

"Look at Ash's face!" Jodi giggled. "He's spitting that out!" Jenn pointed to Calum on the screen. "They shouldnt have forced Mikey to eat that! He hates pickled onions." Kassie laughed. The girls laughed as the video finished. "They;re still the same idots we know...." Jodi smiled. "Watch another?" Kassie suggested. "Girls, i dont feel right with this...." Jenn sighed sitting up. "I mean, it doesnt feel right. We're down here, watching these and Chez is upstairs....i think we should just wait..." Jenn nodded.

Jodi turned to Kassie and nodded too as she closed the laptop. "We can wait..." Jodi smiled. "Im gonna do see if she's okay....come on" Jenn stood up.