Chapter 69

Saturday.

"We're gonna head out and get some more drinks for tonight" Kassie sighed and spoke bluntly as she stood next to Jodi. "What?" Cheryl peered her head out the living room and looked at them. "She doesnt want us drinking all of the drink here" Kassie sighed. "Of course i dont! Mr and Mrs Hastings were more than kind to let us stay! We're not drinking all of their booze!" Jodi pushed Kassie slightly.

"Hey, they dont stay here often. Lucky if its once a year right? Would they even notice?" Kassie asked. "Yes, we're not staying in their home and drinking all of their alcohol!" Jodi told Kassie. Cheryl began to giggle a little. "See you in a bit" Kassie told her as she and Jodi headed out. Cheryl was now alone in the house. Jenn was already out.

Cheryl read through the magazine she had, before scrolling through social media. She sat for around 20 minutes before standing. She walked to the stairs, and headed up them when the door went. Stopping she sighed and turned around. "Really guys?" She whispred to herself. Cheryl headed to the door and opened it. "Kassie, how many times do you forget the keys....." She asked but stood face to face with Luke.

"Hey Cheryl" He smiled at her. "Luke...hi." Cheryl looked up at him. "Whats up?" She asked. "Uhm, i just wanted to come by...before the guys and the group. I want to talk" He told her. "About?" Cheryl asked. They both looked at each other. "Uh, sorry! Come on in" Cheryl stepped aside. Luke walked in and made his way into the living room. "Would you like something to drink? eat? we have tea, coffee, water...soda?" She asked.

"Yeah, thanks. I'l have a soda if your having one" He smiled. "Cool...have a seat" Cheryl told him before she walked into the kitchen. She got two cokes and straws before heading back out and handing him a can. "Thanks Chez" He smiled. Sitting down next to him. "So...is everything okay?" SHe asked him, suddenly anxious. "Yeah, um...its just about yesterday. I didnt mean to snap at you...its just, we've been stressed a little lately with our new album and...." Luke sighed. "No, no...you didnt. I undersand. You dont have to apologize" Cheryl told him.

"Yeah, but you were just being you. Being nice...and i threw it back in your face" He shook his head. "Luke...please, i understand and i accept your apology but you dont have to say sorry" SHe smiled at him. "Besides...i wasnt that surpised. I kinda already knew how that felt...." She blurted out. Memories from back in high school. Luke looked at her and she sighed. "Sorry..." SHe told him. "No. I get it. Im a complete dick head" He sighed, dropping his head down.

"No your not. Your a really sweet person" Cheryl admitted to him as she put her hand onto his arm. He looked up at her, and sighed. "Its been so different with you not in my life Chez...I guess I just...i dont know" He told her. "Sometimes i wish...i just had the balls to see you face to face" He chuckled weakly, looking into her eyes. "Can...I have i hug?" She asked. A smile tugged on Luke's lips, he put down his can and so did Cheryl. "Come here" He pulled her in and sat his chin on the top of her head.

Cheryl took a breath, Luke's scent filled her nose. The familair scent of back in high school. "What are you thinking of right now?" Luke asked. "What do you mean?" Cheryl asked. "Like...tell me right now...what are you thinking about?" He told her. Cheryl laughed quietly. "Tell me about what your thinking about then" She told him. "Say it on three?" Luke suggested and Cheryl nodded. "One...." Luke started. "Two..." Cheryl continued. "Three..." Luke spoke up. "I miss this...." Cheryl blurted out. "I miss these hugs" Luke told her.

Suddenly, Cheryl didnt feel nervous. She felt warm, safe. She felt...like she was home. A small pain ran through her nose, as tears filled her eyes. "I miss you...." Luke whispered to her. Cheryl nodded and sniffed. "Me too...." Cheryl spoke quietly. Cheryl lifted her head a little and looked up at him. His eyes fixed onto hers, his expression softened once he saw her eyes. He ran his thumb across her cheek. "Sometimes being friends...sucks, but its the only thing" Cheryl told him.

Luke sighed and nodded. "I...You...W...." Luke stuttered. "What?" Cheryl smiled a little. Shaking his head leaned in, placing a soft kiss on Cheryl's lips. Took back a little Cheryl sat there for a moment before kissing him back. His lips left hers and he looked at her. Her cheek now damp with the tear that escaped her eyes while she closed them. Cheryl let out a sigh as she looked at him. "Im...." Luke began before Cheryl put a finger to his mouth. "Dont apologize" She smiled at him.

He chuckled a little. "I'd forgotten what...that felt like" She admitted to him. "Me too...." Luke told her. Running her finger away from his mouth to his jaw and her hand around his neck she pulled him to her again and kissed him, a little more force into it. Luke immediatly kissing her back. They began to make out before pulling away. Luke's teeth softly gripped her bottom lip as he left her mouth. Cheryl giggled a little as Luke smiled at her. "Well, whats a kiss compared to..." Cheryl began then stopped.

Luke nodded. "I know...about Mikey and Kass" He told her. Sighing a little with relief Cheryl nodded. "Yeah..." Luke nodded a little wide eyed. "Im just...glad we can be friends right?" Cheryl asked. "Well im hoping we can be...hard not to just...hug you and stuff but...yeah" Luke sighed. "Are you guys still coming tonight?" Cheryl asked. "Yeash! We are...Mikey cant wait" Luke chuckled. "Awesome!" Cheryl laughed.