Chapter 90

3pm. Boxing day. ( 1 Day after christmas ) 

"Glad to here you had a good christmas. Mine was fun too. Just better seeing everyone in the family again" Luke smiled at Cheryl.

They were sitting in starbucks for the past hour, and were having coffee. It was empty, since families were still having christmas time together. It was surpirsing for starbucks to even be open, but no one was in it, and there were only 2 workers serving.

"Yeah it was fun. Christmas dinner, my parents, new gifts, my cousins...music. Just waiting for the new year and then a fresh start again" Cheryl smiled before sipping some of her latte. "Not as if this year was....bad..." Luke stared at her. "No, it wasnt. It could've been better, but that doesnt concern anyone apart from me" She smiled a little. "Well when you come with us on tour next year, it will be awesome!" Luke grinned. Cheryl put on a small smile.

"Right?" Luke questioned her. "Yeah....sure. Uh, i actually dont know." She sighed, admitting to him. "Why? Like, you can come!" Luke told her. "I know! Im flattered, and everything but....groupies following the band around tour? Doesnt sound pleasing" Cheryl sighed. "You are not a groupie! None of the girls are!" Luke told her, sounding rather pissed.

"Thank you." Cheryl laughed a little. "Besides, not every fan hates you. The true fans love you girls." Luke told her, quite proudly. "Uhm, yeah sure. They totally love older girls who possibly want to get with their favourite band members" Cheryl spoke, in a slight sarcastically tone. Luke gave her a look, as if he wasnt impressed with her negativity. She let out a small laugh before looking at him. "Well i do believe that. Apprently some girl made up a fan page for Kassie. Got all of her pics, and tags her in stuff. Back at prom, school, when she was at the beach with us when she was 16!" Cheryl laughed.

"Yeah you get that a lot" Luke began to laugh. "Mmm, and...i get a few tweets sent to me, a few followers. I get the odd ' You ugly fat slut ' but who doesnt?!" Cheryl laughed a little. "That aint funny. Just ignore that" Luke told her. "Oh i know. I know." She nodded. "So, how about it? New year...new tour, new start?" Luke smiled shyly at her. "I dont know. It isnt just me....its the girls too. Its a big decision to just leave again for months on end" Cheryl told him. Luke nodded at her reponse. "Yeah, i get it" He sighed a little before sipping his coffee.

"I'd love to come. However, theres something that isnt making me entirely sure about wanting to go." She told him. "Besides, the whole band thing is kinda off at the minute. Ashton isnt talking to us that much. He hasnt spoke to Jodi, literally he's....something is off about him" Cheryl sighed. "Oh yeah i know. Michael told us that too. He's just...Ash." Luke chuckled. "Well this Ash, isnt like the old Ash. Unless, he is and he's just showing his true self...and to be honest, it isnt that good" Cheryl admitted.

Luke nodded, agreeing with her. "He just needs some time to chill. I would think that being back home would help him but he likes cali better." Luke told her. "Oh, he's the california guy. Looks like one too now, the tan and hair!" Cheryl giggled making Luke laugh with her. "No, im kidding i love him. He's a good friend" Cheryl smiled. "Yeah, he should be back for new years eve anyway" Luke told her. Cheryl looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Back where? .... here?" Cheryl asked and watched as Luke nodded. "MmHmm, i dont think he'll stay there for new year" Luke told her.

"Uhm, stay where?" She asked, now confused. "California...." Luke told her. When did this happen?! Cheryl sat up a little, and the look on her face made Luke realise she had no clue what he was talking about.

"Since when was he in California?!" Cheryl asked. "Uhm..." Luke began. "Luke."  Cheryl looked at him. "Since this morning. He flew out...." Luke told her quietly. "Oh, so he spent no more than like...two days with his family...why did he go back to california?" Cheryl asked, even more confused. "There was this...um...festival for christmas in LA...." Luke told her, with his head slightly down. "So, he went to a christmas festival in LA, over christmas break to...." Cheryl trailed off.