Chapter 75

"Luke...where are we going...? We've been walking for hours." Cheryl looked at him. "Hey, we're walkng through all the long routes" He smirked at her. "Yeah, but we're running out of conversations" Cheryl laughed a little. "We could sit in silence, and id still want to be in your company" Luke admitted as he smiled at her. Cheryl blushed and looked away slightly. "But something is telling me...youve not spoken about...what you really want to talk about" Luke turned to her as they continued walking.

Cheryl turned to him and sighed. "What makes you think that?" She asked. "Chez...i know you." He looked at her. "No...not really. You kinda know me" Cheryl giggled a little. "I've spent four years in your classes and...." "...and four months with me" Cheryl cut him off. Luke's face turned a little hurt by that. "Sorry Luke...that sounds...more bitchy than whats it supposed too" Cheryl sighed shaking her head. "No. Your right. I get it." He sighed.

"Okay, fine. There is more i want to talk about...." She admitted. "But...i dont know how to talk about it. Its complicated" She told him. Luke nodded, as he looked down at his feet. "I guess i dont know how to...talk about it because I've never spoken about it" She sighed looking away. "Well we'll talk about it. Block out all...negative thoughts, shyness..." Luke began. "But im scared of what will happen if i do talk" Cheryl admitted to him. "Like what?" Luke asked. "Of being made fun of." Cheryl told him.

Luke stopped and looked at her. "I'd never make fun of you Cheryl." He told her. Giving a soft scoff, Cheryl nodded. "Oh really?" She asked him. "This isnt me being a stupid 16 year old anymore. We've been through a lot since then" He stood close to her. "We still are" She told him, raising an eyebrow. "How many kisses do we have to fall into before...hurting each other?" Cheryl shrugged. Luke looked around, the quiet road and smiled at her. "Do you trust me?" He asked. Cheryl stood looking at him, not knowing what to say.

He held out his hand. "Do you?" He asked again. Cheryl unfolded her arms and took his hand. He smiled and held her hand tight, as they began to walk on. "So...lets talk." Luke turned to her. "Hm, where shall we start?" Cheryl asked. "Lets start from the beginning...the night we saw each other..." He told her. Cheryl nodded and sighed. "I wanted to...slap you yet cry with happiness i'd seen you again" She admitted to him. "I was shocked. I wanted to hug you, but at the same time run away. I felt...so bad after what id done" He told her.

"What? Dumping me online?" She sniggered a little. "That aint funny" He nudged her, smiling a little. "I know. Im kidding" She sighed. "So, why did you do it?" She asked him. Luke looked a head. "I was...scared. I didnt want to face you because i knew..i'd never be able to breakup...i mean...y'know" Luke turned to her. "Yes, i teased you. I said some stuff to you...i was a dick to you but...i loved you Chez. I didnt just say that because we...slept together" He told her.

Cheryl nodded and smiled a little. "I guess i just...i had no balls" He chuckled a little. "So...tell me about the album?" Cheryl looked up at him. "What about the album?" He smiled. "Come on Luke...good girls...Kassie. What about...amnesia?" She asked him. Luke laughed a little and looked at her. "Okay fine. Yes. We had inspiraton and i guess you know?" Luke smiled at her. "Yes, we do. That is sweet...some of us...may have cried" She told him. "Who?" He turned to her. "Some of us" Cheryl repeated.

"Okay...uh...did you see anyone in college?" Luke asked her. Cheryl quickly shook her head. "No. Never did. That thing with Jesse? We just knew each other...have you..." She began. "No. We have a...no girlfriend rule but uh...im not interested" He admitted to her. Cheryl rolled her lips together. "Really? A big shot...band member?" She smirked at him. "I've never...been interested. Ive just been focused on music" Luke nodded.

"But not a day goes by without me thinking of us...you" He told her. "Even now...." He chuckled a little. "Well, we think alike" Cheryl sighed nodding. "Really?" He asked her. "Yes. Of course." She looked up at him. "Luke...its just...its all different now. We cant be like, i miss you, we can make this work. We cant just ask for our parents permission to accept each other. You have a million people all around the world...to accept it" Cheryl shook her head letting go of Luke's hand.

"You girls havent had any hate...." Luke told her. "Yeah, we have now and again. Apprently i'm fat, Kassie's a whore, Jodi's weird and Jenn is weird looking" Cheryl sighed. "Thats just stupid remarks!" Luke sounded annoyed. "Dont believe it. You girls are beautiful people...especiall you Chez" He stopped her. "Yes, well...sometimes we cant help but listen to those remarks" She sighed and walked on.

After walking for a while more, Luke took Cheryl's hand and guided her through an opening. It was a loads of bushes, and tall hedges. "Is that...water?" Cheryl asked as she listened. Luke smiled and pointed. They walked into an area full of flowers, pottery and it had a small stream like river with a pond. Lilypads sat in the water with flowers growing on them. It was beautiful. Cheryl gasped a little and smiled. "Luke...this is...gorgeous!" She looked around.

"Yeah. It is" Luke smiled. Cheryl stood at the pond and looked around. "Some people come here to make wishes" Luke told her. walking up behind her. "Really?" She asked. "Yep. We could try" He stood close to her. Cheryl stood, closed her eyes and took a breath as she made a few wishes. Soon, Luke wrapped his arms around her and she smiled as she opened her eyes and held onto them. He placed his chin on her shoulder and she looked at him. He sat a small peck on her lips and she giggled. "Looks like we both wished for the same" He chuckled.

Nodding Cheryl smiled, and blushed a little. "Yeah, but sometimes they cant all come true" Cheryl sighed and turned away. "Not even, if we try......" "We cant try Luke. One of us is going to get hurt. Heartbroken. I cant be on tour with you all the time, i cant always be by your side. You have fans, important things...." Cheryl shrugged. "Cheryl..." Luke began. "I cant...go through this again." Cheryl let go of his arms. "I hate feeling this way...." Tears began to soak her eyes. "Hey." Luke turned her around and held her tight.

Cheryl quietly sobbed into his chest as he hugged her. Luke looked around, shook his head slowly as tears sprung to his eyes. "I am so proud of you. I would never hope or wish for you not to be in the band, because this is your life. Your dream!" Cheryl told him. "Yeah...i understand" Luke told her quietly, as he tried to blink away the tears. "Hey, come here" He told her as they sat down on a bench. "Im sorry Chez, i shouldve...." "You have nothing to apologize for" Cheryl sniffed and lifted her head a little.

"I shouldve told you sooner...." Luke shook his head. "Then, we're both to blame" Cheryl laughed silently. "Dont worry...." Luke told her quietly. Cheryl looked to the small water stream and smiled a little.