Chapter 83

So much for the damp weather. Cheryl had been out the house for nearly half an hour when the rain started pouring. She had a rain coat on, but still. The streets were getting quiet again and she wanted to go back to the house. She made her way back, puddles splashing underneath her feet. Not a good time to wear short converse, she could feel her socks making puddles of there own.

Turning the corner to the house, she walked faster and faster as the rain got heavier and heavier, soon a little wind starting. This was the makeup of the year for being so warm in LA, mostly all year round. This was LA's winter. Rain. Cheryl got closer to the gates to the house, she spotted something...someone. Sqinting a little, she got closer. Someone was sitting down, head down, knees up as if...they couldnt give a shit about anything.

As she got closer, she was face to face with them. Well, kind of. Looking down, she sighed. "Calum?" She spoke. His head sat up, his face stared back at her. His expression, blank. "Calum?! What are you doing out here?!" She spoke over the rain. A simple shrug was barely caught. "Come on! Inside...." Cheryl sighed as she pulled at his bare arms. He had a white shirt on, jeans, no jacket or anything. Finally getting to his feet he followed Cheryl into the house. The living room light was on, no one was home.

Shaking her head, she took out her hood of her jacket and closed the door before turning to Calum. Soaked, he stood there looking at his feet. "Whats going on?" Cheryl asked as she took her jacket off and hung it up. "Nothing" He mumbled. "Calum, its something. It cant be nothing for you to be sitting outside our house when its pissing rain!" Cheryl told him. "Its nothing, take the fucking hint!" He bellowed at her.

Took back, Cheryl stood looking at him. "Oh god, Cheryl im...im so sorry...!" He shook his head as he rubbed his face. "That...that wasnt meant for you. Its...built up" He sighed as he looked at her. "Whats bulit up?" She asked quietly. "...Stress....Jenn...." He looked at her. "Jenn?" Cheryl repeated. "I came here....." He started. "Hold on, go sit down..." Cheryl pointed to the lounge room before heading to the laundry. She picked up a large towel before heading into the kitchen.

She stuffed it into the dryer, to make it a little more warmer before taking it out and heading into the lounge where Cal sat. "Here...dry off" Cheryl smiled as she sat down next to him. "Thanks Chez" He sighed as he took her from her. He rubbed his hair a little before drying round his neck and face. "So...whats happened?" Cheryl sighed. Calum turned to her and sighed.

"I came around...to speak to her. Turns out, she was going out with thet teacher or whatever his face is!" He spat a little. "Ethan" Cheryl told him. "Yeah...him" He shook his head. "I knocked on the door and she answered it, all dressed up...i asked her where she was going but she said out. I asked if we could talk...she said no, when i said about us she turned to me a little worked up...theres no us!" She told me.

Cheryl sat listening. "Nothing....not even a little...thing to keep us, to help us" Calum shook his head. "Ha, i remember when she was the one...who was in my shoes right now. She hated being apart, she always spoke on the phoen first...." He smiled a little. "Calum, im sorry...but...you cant really blame her" Cheryl admitted. "After everything...she cant just jump back into your arms." She sighed. Watching as Calum nodded, she felt sorry for him.

"I know...but i thought, something...now i know....nothing is there" He turned away, before rubbing his face again with the towel. "It just hit me..." He then turned to her. "The other night. We were at the party, i was talking to Alex. He uh...was talking about Lisa. He mentioned you and Luke. Luke, was uh....talking about you." Calum shook his head. "Really?" Cheryl asked surpised. "MmHmm....most likely" He smiled at her.

"Then...it hit me. Okay fine, ive partied, drunk a little, made out with a few girls...." He sighed. Cheryl turned away a little, not wanting to know details. "But there is somthing...with Jenn" He sighed. "I know..." Cheryl then smiled at him. "Theres crushes...girls who i would like to have...." "Uhm, Calum...you dont have too..." Cheryl began. "Sorry..." He sighed and chuckled a little. "But your heart...wants Jenn?" Cheryl asked.