Chapter 76

"No! I didnt say that, you thought I did do it!" Luke laughed as he looked at Cheryl. "Oh, okay....sure. I understand" Cheryl shook her head, and smiled at the same time. The both of them had been sitting in the garden area for over an hour. Talking about the fun things that had happened with them. "So...this is fun. Its made me so much happier, that what id been feeling" Cheryl sighed and smiled as she looked at the pond. "Its beautiful here" She admitted to him. "Yeah, well beautiful things usually get along" Luke nodded.

Luke turned to Cheryl and smirked. "Oh yeah, getting a little cocky there arent you?" Cheryl giggled. "I meant...you" He smiled. "Oh. Oh right" Cheryl nodded and went slightly red. "No, its good to get some quiet time. I'm sorry I sobbed like a child there" Cheryl shook her head and laughed silently. "Dont apologize..." Luke smiled as he sat his hand on top of Cheryl's. "Yeah, well I think we should head back. Before it gets too late" Cheryl turned to him. Luke's smile faded, and he frowned slightly. "What?" Cheryl asked.

"How come...when I go to touch you, you pull away?" Luke asked her. "Uh..." Cheryl looked at him. "I dont...." "You do." Luke butted in. "What do you expect Luke...? Why carry this out, when theres nothing that will happen" She told him. "Who said nothing will happen?" Luke asked, turning full to face her. "Ha, uh...everyone. Your job, your company, your....." "Thats nothing to do with them. My relationships is my busniess, not theirs!" He told her. "It is when it involves the band" Cheryl looked away from him.

"Uh...MY busniess! Nothing to with anyone from the band, the company, no one except you...and I" He told her. "But Luke....Im tired of this. Of, what im afraid to say, or do...what to think" Cheryl looked at him. "We cant just decide to get back together again in a flash. Its complicated" She told him. "I know that, but..." He sighed and shook her head, leaning forward and covering his face. Cheryl sat, looking at him. "You dont think i hate this too?! Its bullshit!" He darted his eyes to her.

"Not one day goes by, where im mad with myself for...being an ass, who dumped you over skype! Who had no balls to...to...!" Cheryl watched as he actually started to get worked up. "Hey, hey!" Cheryl moved closer to him, and rubbed the top of his back. "Shh, calm down...Luke..." Cheryl told him, shocked at what he was like. "Im sorry! I am...so sorry...and....!" Luke shook his head. "Luke, im over you dumping me over skype. Yes, it was a shitty move but...we're here now. Friends, and not awkward ex's" She told him.

"Friends...huh!" Luke scoffed. "I hate that word, when it comes to you...us" He looked at her. Cheryl's heart jumped, as she looked into his eyes. "Really?" She looked at him before a quick glance to his mouth. He nodded, as he bit his lip and looked at her. "Im so confused right now" Cheryl giggled as she looked at him. He nodded, agreeing with her. "I thought this only happened to...." "Our 18 year old selves" Luke butted in. "I have to laugh at Mikey and Kassie...they've slept together and they still carry on like nothing has happened. Mikey loved her, and she did the same right? So how...can they do it?!" He shook his head.

He squeezed the corner of his eyes a little before Cheryl took his hand away. "Dont...no more tears please." She laughed a little. "I havent cried" He smirked at her. "Yes, but i have....too many times" She shook her head and laughed with him. There was a small silence between them. "I love you....you know that?" Luke told her. Cheryl, gasped a little as her breath caught in her throat. She nodded and smiled warmly. "I love you..." She told him. "But...nothing can happen..." Cheryl wiped the bottom of his lip. "I know..." Luke shook his head.

"I..." Luke sighed. "What?" Cheryl smiled, fixing a strand of his hair. Luke quickly took her chin, with his hand and slammed a kiss onto her lips. Took back by the quick movemnt, Cheryl gasped a little before smiling. "Im sorry, but..." Luke shook his head pulling away slightly. Cheryl pulled him back and kissed him, passionately. They hugged each other tight. "Your amazing...im so proud of you" Cheryl whispered to him. Luke smiled, and kissed her neck before pulling away.

"Right so...phew! thats a..." Cheryl began and laughed a little. "I think we should head back. It'll take nearly an hour to get home!" Cheryl giggled a little. "Yeah, okay. I had fun tonight. This was...awesome" Luke nodded. "Yeah, Its good to know...where we stand" She told him. ".....sadly...." Luke turned his head. "Oi." Cheryl pushed him a little and giggled. "Mmm...agreed" Luke sighed as they stood up. Cheryl pulled her jeans up, and sighed as she fixed herself a little before they headed out the garden.

"Oh hey, wait a minute" Luke told her. He walked over, near the pond before bending down and then he stood up and turned. "You always liked these" He smiled at her, handing her a pink and white lotus flower. "Aww, thank you" She smiled at him. "Lets go..." He winked as they both headed out the garden area.

How is this going so far guys? Is it okay? What do you think? Give me feedback! :) What would you want to happen between Luke and Cheryl? Or the whole group..... :)