Chapter 82

Los Angeles. 8pm.

"Well its nice to know the winter weather for LA" Kassie sighed as she looked out the window, at the rain. "Sweater weather" Jenn grinned a little. "Mm...prefer the snow back home" Kassie turned to her and Cheryl. "Well we will be back home in two days. I cant believe we had to come back here first" Cheryl sighed. "Thats...unprepared boys for ya" Kassie nodded.

"I like the rain...its different" Jenn smiled. "Mm, well you'll be out in it tonight. On your date" Kassie mocked. "It isnt a date!" Jenn moaned. "Sure it isnt!" Cheryl and Kassie both spoke up, then smirked. "Leave me alone!" Jenn smiled. "You like him, he likes you...whats the big deal?!" Kassie asked. "Theres no deal...its just...a little more complicated. With his job and stuff" Jenn told them. "Yeah, because teaching in Pennsylvania and travelling to LA on days off isnt difficult" Cheryl mocked a little.

"Hes off for a week. Thats why he came out." Jenn smiled. "Wow, well done." Kassie clapped sarcastically. "Its not like theres any other guy in my life!" Jenn turned to her. "No, there isnt. Just your ex who you cant even speak too...!" Kassie told her. "Guys stop...look, have you heard from Jodi?" Cheryl asked. "No, she left earlier...to clear her head" Kassie looked at her. "She shouldnt have to do that" Cheryl shook her head.

"Well blame Ashton for that. Oh yeah the old ' I love Jodi, shes different. ' record played out...well out now!" Kassie sneered a little. "You blame him for everything with this girl" Jenn looked at Kassie. "Uh...hello! He's possibly seeing a fake bitch whos got it in for Jodi. He told Jodi he loved her, he was with her...now after all of that...hes....!" Kassie went on. "Calm down. Dont start throwing lamps" Cheryl sighed.

Just then Kassie's phone beeped. "Speaking of which....i gotta go." She smiled looking at her phone. "Where to?" Cheryl asked. "Yeah, and leaving Cheryl" Jenn told her. "Ill be fine...." Cheryl smiled a little. "Ill be back soon....later...love ya!" Kassie blew a kiss before heading out the door with her jacket. "Yeah, she complains about this weather yet she goes out in it" Jenn giggled as she turned to face Cheryl.

"You going to be okay?" Jenn asked, a smile on her lips. "Yeah, i just cant wait to get back home" Cheryl admitted, sighing. "Aw, well...two more days! Then, snow ice, mom and dad. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, the christmas tree and more" Jenn smiled warmly. "Cant wait for that" Cheryl laughed a little. "Well, i better get ready. Ethan will be here in like half an hour." Jenn smiled as she stood. "Okay, love ya" Cheryl smiled.

8:30pm

"He's late..." Jenn sighed looking at her phone as she came into the living room. Cheryl turned and closed her magazine. "When will he be here?" She asked. "Mm...roughly...half an hour. LA traffic" Jenn sighed as she sat down. Cheryl nodded as she looked at the window. "The rain stopped...thats good" Cheryl smiled. "Yeah..." Jenn agreed. "I think...im going to go for a walk." Cheryl stood. "Outside? Now, in the dark?" Jenn asked.

"and...?" Cheryl smiled. "Will you be okay?!" She asked. "Jenn ill be fine. Dont worry. I like to walk in the damp air...ill be back soon. I'll see you when you come back" Cheryl hugged her. "Be careful! Jodi's out now you....and Kassie!" Jenn told her. "Ill be fine! Have fun." Cheryl smiled as she took her rain jacket and headed out.

Walking down the street, she could smell it in the air. She likes the atmosphere after the rain, the smell of the damp hair, the nature of it. Clearing the sky for a warm day. Well, sometimes. That was one thing she liked to do back home. Whenever she was stressed, school work built up, she needed some space? She would wait for the rain, before taking a walk afterwards.

Cheryl crossed the road, and began walking, exploring to see where her feet would take her.