Chapter 99

Thursday 1pm. Los Angeles. 

Cheryl was making her way to the boys house in LA. Kassie had texted her before to say they were landing soon, and heading back to they're house. She may not be wanted by them right now, but she figured she'd pay them a visit and surprise them. She had her hair in loose curls away from her face, a foo fighters shirt that hung loosly at the arms and bottom and skinny ripped jeans and comfortable black wedges. 

The sun was beating down and it was so warm. As Cheryl walked past the sea wall, she heard the sea come and go and a lot of people talking, and laughing on the beach. She past the beach and headed up the street towards the boys house. Passing some girls, she noticed they stared at her. Stopping, she quickly checked her phone before looking at them again. Yep, they were staring. Uncomfortably, Cheryl began to walk again putting her phone in her pocket.

Walking to the house, she saw a black car in the drive. Where they hear already? She thought, she'd be there first. Bracing herself, she walked closer before she saw Michael walking around the side of the car as the trunk opened. She stopped in her tracks, when Luke followed him and grabbing a bag from the car. Her heart thumped in her throat, as she began to breath at a more excessive rate. Her palm began to sweat, but that could be the weather.

Managing to swallow a little, she caught Jenn and Kassie walking to the back of the car taking out they're cases. She then saw Dave, on his phone before saying something to the boys. They nodded before Dave walked off towards the door holding his phone to his ear. "Shit..." Cheryl whispered to herself. She started walking again towards the house, walking into the drive she stopped and awkwardly folded her arms.

Michael grabbed a large case, and turned putting it down. "Calum, your case!" He called as he looked up and spotted Cheryl. "Hey Chez!" He smiled before turning to the car again. Calum came walking around the car and his eyes widened as he looked at Cheryl. Just then Michael realised, and turned around. "Cheryl!" He gasped. "Hi..." Cheryl spoke awakardly. "Hey!" Calum grinned.

"Cheryl?!" Kassie's head peered from the side of the car. "Oh my gosh! "She cheered, before running to her. The girls caught on and whipped theyre heads around, before walking to her. "Ah, its so glad to see you!" Kassie grabbed hold of her. "Yes, i missed you too..." Cheryl smiled. "Mwah! Mwah!" Kassie planted kissed onto Cheryl's cheek. "Okay, she gets it!" Jodi giggled as she hugged Cheryl tight. "Miss you!" She told her.

Cheryl nodded, as she looked at Jenn. "So happy your here. It wasnt the same without you" She told her. "Ach, im sure you all had fun!" Cheryl sighed. "Yeah, we did but she's right" Michael told her, as he stood at the car. He then walked towards her and opened out his arms as he hugged her quite tight. "It was weird not having you with us" He told her, before leaving a kiss on her head. "So how was Japan?" She asked, as Calum walked to her. "It was awesome!" Kassie gasped.

"Awh, im glad you liked it" Cheryl smiled at her. "You would've loved it." Jenn nudged her. "Im sure I wouldve" Cheryl nodded. "Well, well, well..." A voice disturbed them and they turned to see Ashton walking towards them. Hair, tied up sunglasses on. Black jeans and shirt and boots. Cheryl widened her eyes a little before sighing. The girls turned to her and smiled slightly, Cheryl caught on. "Hi." She waved a little at him.

"Your here! Its weird without you with us" He smiled at her, stopping beside Calum. "Yeah...sorry about that. Taking care of some things." She nodded. "Glad your back! Maybe, the mood will be happier?" He looked at everyone, and they smiled slightly. Huh? "We're heading inside, to unpack, refresh before taking care of some things. Come on in" Ashton told her. Cheryl nodded, as Jenn rubbed her hand softly on Cheryl's shoulder.

"You guys have we got...." A deep voice spoke. Cheryl looked up, as Ashton stepped out the way turning around and Luke stood. Staring down at them all. "Uhmm....." Cheryl spoke quietly. "Gotta get those bags in!" Michael spoke. "Yeah, heavy and all!" Calum sighed and walked off with Michael. Ashton followed them, and Cheryl looked at the girls. "We need to get a drink together. First...need to unpack and stuff" Kassie winked at her. "Jenn?! Help please...." Kassie pulled Jenn away.

Jodi, followed as she smiled at Cheryl. Cheryl, grabbed Jodi's wrist slightly in a way to not leave her and Luke alone. Giving her a reassuring nod, and smile Jodi then walked off. Cheryl stood, awkwardly staring at Luke as everyone else walked away inside with bags, and cases. Luke stared back at her, and soon her breathing began to increase a little more. Luke began to walk towards her, and Cheryl found her feet walking towards him.

Stopping, they looked at each other. Luke stared down at her. "Hellooo...." He spoke quietly. "Hi..." She nodded. They stood, in silence for a moment. "So uhm, how was...Japan?" She asked him. "Cool, pretty awesome....yeah it was amazing" Luke smiled, and nodded before looking around.
"The guys said it was aweome. The girls...loved it" She smiled. "MmHmm, you...would've loved it" He told her. "Yeah, i was told." She giggled, a little nervously.

"....Its great to see you, Chez" He told her. Her breathing began to go back to normal as she looked at him. A smile appearing on her face, soon she saw a smile matched on his. He hugged her, and she stood hugging him back. "Its good to see you too" She took a breath. "Its awesome, your back..." Luke then realised his arms. "You'll love spain. Well, we havent offically been before, but we think it'll be cool..." Luke went on as he walked to the car to get his bags.

Oh shit, here was the hard part. "Uh, Luke...?" She spoke quietly. He turned to her, smiling slightly. "I wont know...I have an interview for a job." She quickly told him. She watched as Luke's smile vanished. His face, sat straight as he stared at her. "What?" He asked. "An interview...? Where....when?" He asked. "Its for a photography project. Its a peremament position...i get to travel to take pictures for certain project given to me" She told him.

"When is the interview?!" He asked. "Uh...its...t...tomorrow" She stuttered a little. "Tomo...tomorrow? Wow....okay" He sighed, before he looked away. He took his last bag out and sat it on his case before he looked at Cheryl. "Im sorry...I...I just need to move..." She began to get cut off by him. "Cheryl, dont apologise. Dont worry...im...im happy" He nodded as he closed the car boot. "Really?" She asked him. "Your not...coming with us then?" He asked her.

Shaking her head, Cheryl sighed. "No...not if i get the job. Well, that sounds wrong. If i dont, theres a possibility of a second interview for another company" She informed him. "So, your not coming with us...period." He told her. "Uh..." Cheryl began to get more nervous as she stood in Luke's company. Silence.

"Well! Im happy...well done. Come on in" He told her before walking off. "Luke..." She called on him, and he turned. "You sure....are you okay with this?" She asked. A smile appeared on Luke's face. "Course, its your dream job wasnt it? Its cool....happy for you Chez" He grinned before turning around. He rolled his eyes as he let out a deep, yet quiet sigh. He shook his head slowly as he entered the house with Cheryl behind him.

He didnt want her to go, but he couldnt stop her.