Chapter 2

"Flight to Chicago...."

Voices over tannoys and in public filled Cheryl's ears as she stood in the airport. She sighed as she looked at the screen giving the times of the flights. Her flight was at 2pm and it was already noon. Skimming her phone, she scrolled through weather updates for Cali, and bookings. The flight was going to San Diego, and the girls were heading to Palm springs before deciding where to go for the full holiday. California was beautiful, but home was also there. However San Francisco was out of the holiday destination for now.

"Hey baby!" Cheryl heard a voice. Continuing to look at her phone and ignore the random people around her she sat down. "Oi, Cheryl baby girl!" The voice shouted again. This time Cheryl looked up and saw a familair girl grinning and waving at her. Cheryl looked at her, a little confused and weirded out, but soon it hit her. "Oh my gosh! Kassie!" Cheryl gasped as she jumped up. The girls ran towards each other and hugged one another tight. "Ahh!" Kassie screamed. "Oh My....i didnt know that was you! I mean...look at you....and your hair!" Cheryl grinned.

"Oh i know...needed a change!" Kassie flipped her hair. "Well, you havent changed! Beautiful as always...except your hair, look at that" Kassie giggled touching Cheryl's hair. "Yeah, well it needed cut and thinned down." Cheryl smiled. "Cut? Its still long" Kassie made a face. "Yeah, you didnt want to see it before this" Cheryl giggled. "Oh well, still love it!" Kassie grabbed her and hugged her again. "How did you get brown in your hair up the top?" Cheryl asked her ."Oh, well the hairdresser was just the best! Ever!" Kassie laughed.

"Oh its so good to see you Kass!" Cheryl laughed. "It is! We havent seen each other in like...it feels like half my life. I miss my little girl....all my girls!" Kassie smiled. "Im not your little girl anymore, i have a degree in photography" Cheryl laughed. "Oh! My! Did you? Thats amazing!" Kassie screamed. "Yeah, how was the whole Brown studying?" Cheryl asked her. "Well, journalism is brillaint! You get to hear and get gossip. However i did graduate, shocking i know! But i do love it and im going to continue...however just because im on holiday dont mean im going to be looking for gossip with the celebs!" Kassie laughed.

"You've not changed!" Cheryl laughed. "Nope! Yet you still love me" Kassie grinned. "Yes, i do" Cheryl hugged her with one arm. "So...are we getting Jenn here?" Kassie asked. "No. Jenn is going to be in San Diego. The flight is going there, Jenn can get from Arizona to there...and  i think Jodi will get us in Palm springs" Cheryl smiled. "Oh palm springs sounds sooooo good! Cant we just stay there?!" Kassie whined a little. "No! Kass, we said we would decide together. We can even travel California. We have like...three months or so to ourselves!" Cheryl nudged her. "Oh i know. Nothing but sun, sea, sand...boys...and some....eh eh..?" Kassie winked and nudged Cheryl.

"Haha! No, i dont think so. Not into Cali guys..." Cheryl shrugged. "You not had any company at college?" Kass asked. "Nope, not since...." Cheryl trailed off. "Oh! .... Okay. I get it, dont need to talk about that." Kassie nodded folding her arms. "So what about you?" Cheryl raised an eyebrow. "Hm, well there was a good amount of making out...some sex..." "Oh my gosh Kassie!" Cheryl covered her face as she turned. "No! Wait, wait!" Kassie laughed. "From the same guy....for like three months" Kassie nodded. "Oh, so you were together?" Cheryl asked. "Yeah!...when we were in the bedroom." Kassie laughed.

Cheryl turned shaking her head. "And maybe...other places" Kassie giggled. "Please shut up!" Cheryl laughed as she went red. "Hey...you ever tried it..." Kassie started. "NO! now be quiet!" Cheryl told her off as she laughed. "No... wait..." Kassie took her arm. "Coffee?!" Cheryl changed the subject. "Yeah, lets go" Kassie picked up her bag and looped arms with Cheryl. "No but seriously....its fun to experiment outside the bedroom" Kassie told her. Cheryl nodded as she half listened. "Dont you worry about being caught?" Cheryl asked her. "Hm! Thats part of the fun" Kassie giggled deviously. "Well knowing you!" Cheryl turned to her.

"How about a nice tall latte?" Cheryl asked as they walked into the coffee shop. "Yes, or...a tall glass of him" Kassie nudged Cheryl and she turned to see quite a nice looking guy. "Okay, your...enough!" Cheryl laughed turning away. Kassie laughed with her. "I'll have my caramel macchiato ..extra whip" She shrugged. "The usual....guess you havent changed" Cheryl smiled at her. "No...i havent..." Kassie grinned as she stood with Chez.